Information for Current Rainy Day Savers!

1.How do meet with my Rainy Day Savings Advisor?

I’m available to help answer any questions you have about your participation in the Rainy Day Savings Program. Schedule your appointment with me here: https://calendly.com/rainyday/help

2. How do I make a deposit?

Once you have your UFCU account number, you may begin making deposits into your UFCU savings account.

• You may make deposits in person at any UFCU branch or a shared branch.
  • Mobile banking: Download the app for mobile banking and you can deposit checks through your phone!
  • Online banking: Access your account online from your desktop or mobile device and set up transfers from your account at another bank or credit union to your UFCU savings account

2. How do I find a University Federal Credit Union (UFCU) branch?

• Use the location finder at ufcu.org.
  • You may also make deposits at shared branches (local credit unions other than UFCU).  Use this tool to locate a shared branch.

3. How do I set up direct deposit?

Direct deposit means that you have a portion of your paycheck or income from another regular source, regularly and automatically deposited into your UFCU savings account.

• Many employers will allow you to split your paycheck among two or more accounts.
  • To set up direct deposit you need your UFCU savings account number and UFCU’s routing number.
  • Complete and return UFCU’s Direct Deposit form and return to your employer.
  • Some employers may not accept the UFCU Direct Deposit form (above), and that’s okay! Ask your employer what form you need to complete to send a portion of your paycheck to your UFCU savings account.
  • For questions about setting up direct deposit through your employer, contact your payroll or human resources department.
  • For the rainy day savings program, setting up a recurring transfer going from your checking account at another bank or credit union, to your UFCU savings account qualifies for the direct deposit incentive.
  • Here’s a stellar YouTube video on direct deposit.

4. How do I set up mobile banking?

You can set up mobile banking by going to your app store (iOS or Android), downloading the app and registering. The login for mobile banking and online banking are different! Click here to learn more about mobile banking.

1. What are the incentives?

Get $25:  Meet at least once with a financial coach.

Get $25: Set up a recurring direct deposit into your UFCU savings account OR direct a portion of your income tax refund into your account.

Get $25: Complete your 2021/2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  If you’re not eligible to complete the FAFSA, you may submit the TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid).

Get $25: Maintain a balance of $475 or more for 30 or more days. The $475 balance can include your funds + incentive funds already deposited into your account.

2. How many incentives can I claim?

You can claim all four of them!

3. Do I have to claim the incentives in order?

No, it’s up to you how you claim the incentives. We suggest getting the direct deposit/tax refund incentive out of the way as soon as you can so you can get those savings in!

4. How long do I have to claim my incentives?

You have to claim all of your incentives by May 28, 2021

1. Where's the form to request my $25 cash incentive?

Complete the Incentive Claim Form to claim your incentives.

2.What kind of documentation do you need for each incentive?

Review this document for acceptable documentation. If you have questions about the documentation email savings@austincc.edu. We want to make this easy for you, so don’t hesitate to let us know if you’re having trouble providing some of the documentation.

3. How do I submit my account activity in the Incentive Claim Form?

Watch this video to learn how to retrieve your 30-day account activity. 

4. How long will it take for me to see my $25 incentive deposit appear in my UFCU account?

We deposit incentives to student’s accounts once per month. So the longest you will have to wait for your incentive to be deposited into your account will be 30 days. If it’s been longer than that, reach out to us and we’ll investigate!  savings@austincc.edu

1. I am facing a financial emergency, can I make a withdrawal?

Yes. This account is designed to help you save for a financial emergency.  It should be used for expenses that arise that ultimately may make you drop out of classes, or do poorly in your classes (due to increasing work hours or increased stress related to finances).

We let you decide what a financial emergency is for you. It should not be used to pay for a pair of sunglasses you really, really want, or to buy your significant other a birthday present.

2. What other resources I should consider if I'm faced with a financial emergency?

There may be other ways to meet your financial emergency. You may request emergency assistance through ACC’s Student Emergency Fund. Additionally, you may find resources through meeting with an Advocate in ACC’s Support Center, our list of community resources, or through a search on Aunt Bertha.

3. How do I make my withdrawal?

Go to any UFCU branch in-person and make your withdrawal. You will need your photo identification to make the withdrawal.

4. Can I withdraw the incentive deposits to cover my financial emergency?

You may withdraw your funds and any incentives you have received. To keep your account open at UFCU, you must keep a balance of at least $5, otherwise your account will be closed.

5. Do I have to notify you if I make a withdrawal for an emergency?

Yes! Please notify Linda, your Rainy Day Savings Program advisor in the Student Money Management Office (savings@austincc.edu) that you will be making the withdrawal. She’ll send you a brief survey to complete after you make the withdrawal.

1. What are the $250 monthly drawings?

Each month, we announce a different task to complete. If you complete that task and submit your entry, you’ll be entered to win a $250 deposit into your UFCU Rainy Day Savings account. 

For June we have 2 opportunities to win, fill out our Financial Well-Being Scale here and get entered to win $250!

The other opportunity? Fill out this Google Form and share your 90-day UFCU account activity and enter to win $250!

2. I completed the monthly task, how do I enter to win?

Nothing else for you to do! Just fill out the Financial Well-Being Scale and you’ll be automatically entered. 

For the second June drawing, just fill out this Google Form and share your 90-day UFCU account activity with us.

3. When will the winners be chosen and announced?

Winners will be chosen, and winners announced by the 10th of the next month.  We’ll post the list of winners here!

March Winner

Name: Trent D. 

Major: Architectural & Engineering CAD

Home Campus: Northridge

April Winner

Name: Takea C. 

Major: Education

Home Campus: Round Rock

PAST WINNERS

February Winner

Name: Taylor N. 

Major: Computer Science

Home Campus: Highland

January Winner

Name: Natalia T. 

Major: Liberal Arts

Home Campus: Highland

December Winner

Name: Ashley J.

Major: Communication Studies

Home Campus: Highland

November Winner

Name: Valerie G. 

Major: Computer Programming

Home Campus: Northridge

October Winner

Name: Lizbeth N. 

Major: Biology

Home Campus: Eastview

For questions about the Rainy Day Savings Program or your UFCU account, contact Linda, your Rainy Day Savings Program Advisor at savings@austincc.edu.

Translate this page