Our savings program challenges you to save $500 for a rainy day. We will give you up to $100 in cash to meet your savings goal!
*To save for a rainy day means to put something aside for a future need.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Rainy Day Savings Program.
We anticipate re-opening the program in the fall 2019 semester. Add your name to the waiting list here.
Current program savers click here!
To be eligible to participate in the Rainy Day Savings Program, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have a valid driver’s license, state ID, or passport
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at Austin Community College (ACC) during the spring 2019 semester
- Plan to enroll in at least six credit hours at ACC in summer 2019 and/or the fall 2019 semester
- Be seeking a degree or certificate at ACC
- Be really excited about saving money!
- We will open a new savings account for you at University Federal Credit Union (UFCU). They are our awesome partner in this project, and are funding the incentives!
- Make your first deposit into your new UFCU account within one month of opening your account.
- Complete an online financial literacy course within three months of opening your account.
- Continue to meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Make deposits into your savings account!
- You have until May 15, 2019, to make your deposits and claim your incentives.
We will give you up to $100 in cash incentives to help you meet your savings goal! The cash will be deposited directly into your UFCU savings account. You may claim all of the incentives, or just one (but that would be crazy to leave cash on the table!). You do not need to claim the incentives in any particular order.
Get $25: Meet at least once with a financial coach.
Get $25: Set up direct deposit into your UFCU savings account OR direct a portion of your income tax refund into your account.
Get $25: Complete your 2019/2020 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you’re not eligible to complete the FAFSA, you may submit the TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid).
Get $25: Maintain a balance of $475 or more for 30 or more days. The $475 balance can include your funds + incentive funds already deposited into your account.
We are not currently accepting applications. Please add you name to the waiting list to be notified when the program reopens.
Thank you to University Federal Credit Union for fully funding the incentives!