Students can celebrate Valentine’s Day early with a three-day love and relationship series held February 10-12 at various campuses. Events range from a fun dating game to serious talks on how to survive a breakup.
Special guest is “Date Doctor” – sexuality and relationships expert Hasani Pettiford, co-founder of the non-profit Touch & Agree Family Institute in New Jersey. Pettiford spoke at Austin Community College last year and is back by special demand to facilitate this year’s events.
“There were a lot of students who wanted to ask questions, but we ran out of time,” says Cheryl Richard, director of the Student Life Office which hosts the series. “We invited Mr. Pettiford back to give more students an opportunity to learn about breaking up, being single, and even how to make long-term relationships work.”
Join your fellow students for the following free events. For room locations and other details, see the Student Life calendar.
Wednesday, February 10
- Eastview Campus, 12:30 &1:25 p.m., Breaking Up Without Breaking Down
- Rio Grande Campus, 6 p.m., Date to Mate Café
Thursday, February 11
- Pinnacle Campus, 9 a.m. & Noon, Breaking Up Without Breaking Down
Friday, February 12
- Northridge, 4 p.m.: For Rich and For Poor, presentation by A+ Credit Union
- Northridge, 5 p.m.: LIVE taping of talk show, with a Student Life version of “The Dating Game
“The team has put together an exciting series of events that have a lot of students talking,” Richards says. “It’s going to be a lot of fun!”Back to Top