Dr. Stephen B. Kinslow will retire in 2011 after 34 years of service to the college, including six years as president and CEO. The ACC Board of Trustees recently chose Gold Hill Associates to guide the nationwide search to replace him.
Gold Hill exclusively conducts community college presidential searches. The Asheville, N.C., firm has successfully completed 96 such searches including 15 in Texas.
“ACC is positioned for a smooth, successful transition next year,” says Dr. Barbara Mink, chair of the ACC Board of Trustees. “This search will be an open and inclusive process and will focus on finding the right person to continue the college’s commitment to accessible and affordable education, equity in student success, and the growth and advancement as laid out in the Master Plan.”
Key elements in the search include:
- Selection of consultant
- Appointment of Search Advisory Committee, orientation/training meeting
- Finalize outreach materials
- Continue advertising through January
- Review applications, check references, and identify candidates to be invited to interview
- Conduct interviews
- Determine finalist(s) and do site visits
- Hold finalist(s) forums with internal/external groups
- June: Make offer to final candidate
- Announce start date (President Kinslow will stay beyond the target transition time if necessary to accommodate the availability of the new president.)