The ACC Testing Center recently has implemented a few new policies and procedures.
- Computer check-in kiosks are being piloted at several testing centers. Students enter their ACCeID, answer a few questions about their course and test, and required information is automatically sent to center staff. Students still must show their ACC Student ID card.
- The Testing Support Services webpage, launched in fall 2013, lets faculty submit forms and view reports online. After spring break, students will be able to use the site to print receipts and provide feedback to the Testing Center.
- Paper copies of student Testing Agreements will be sent to instructors upon request only.
Deadline to Submit Tests for Spring 2014
All transmittals and related materials must be submitted to an open Testing Center by Saturday, May 3 at 5 p.m. (1 p.m. at the Rio Grande Campus).
Testing Center Hours
Testing Center hours vary by campus and some have been revised. Confirm schedules and building/room locations atÂ Testing Center hours and locations. Encourage students taking distance learning exams to use centers with lower volume/shorter wait times, such as those at Eastview, Pinnacle, or Elgin campuses.
Reminders and Helpful Tips
- Don’t forget to include Elgin and Hays campuses when sending copies of exams. Download an updated Transmittal Form.
- Make-up testing is available for lecture courses not approved for initial/first-time testing, for up to 25 percent of class enrollment per test submission.
- Instructors may post only one deadline per test; exams submitted to more than one center must have uniform deadlines.
- Instructors must approve the use and type of calculators permitted. Calculators with Internet access are prohibited.
- Batch scoring services are available for multiple-choice tests taken in any ACC classroom course. Contact Testing Center staff for details.
Students with special testing needs must make alternate testing arrangements through the Office of Students with Disabilities (OSD). Faculty must submit tests directly to the OSD. Find details on the Testing Accommodations webpage.
Policy & Process Details
Find detailed information about Testing Center policies and processes, on the Testing Services: Guidelines for Faculty webpage. Students should be directed to a separate webpage, Testing Services: Guidelines for Students.
For questions or concerns about a Testing Center, contact the dean of student services or the campus Testing Center supervisor.Back to Top