The Austin Community College Board of Trustees has announced final appointments to the citizens’ bond oversight advisory committee and selected to members to chair the group that will oversee projects included in the $386 million bond referendum approved by voters in November.
Terry Mazurek, president of Buda First State Bank of Central Texas, and Eric Zeno, development manager, City of Leander, were appointed co-chairs of the 13-member group that will meet twice a year to review projects.
Among its responsibilities, the group will monitor the timing and progress of voter approved projects, review the budget and budget status of the overall bond program and its individual projects, ensure that general contractors seek Better Builder/Workers Defense Program certification, monitor diversity utilization, and provide input from the community on issues related to the 2014 bond program.
Additional bond oversight committee members are:
- Jesus Chavez, retired superintendent, Round Rock ISD
- David Glass, president, Silverado Business Systems
- Joene Grissom, president, Grissom & Associates Public Relations/Marketing firm
- John Hernandez, John Hernandez Real Estate Services
- Dan Listrom, commercial real estate professional
- Sid Sokol, commissioner, City of Leander
- Ellen Skoviera, retired chief financial officer, Leander ISD
- Martha Smiley, attorney, Enoch Kever, PLLC
- Erica Solis, financial analyst, El Buen Samaritano Episcopal Mission
- Robert Thomas, attorney
- Dr. Steve Yau, product development specialist, 3M Electrical Market Division