Businesses looking to fill more than 4,000 regional job openings
Austin Community College (ACC) will host its districtwide Spring Job & Internship Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 21, through Thursday, April 23. The fair will visit ACC campuses on the following dates:
Tuesday, April 21
- Elgin Campus (1501 W. US Hwy 290)
- Highland Campus (6101 Airport Blvd.)
- Pinnacle Campus (7748 Hwy. 290 West)
- South Austin Campus (1820 W. Stassney Ln.)
- Riverside Campus (1020 Grove Blvd.)
Wednesday, April 22
- Eastview Campus (3401 Webberville Rd.)
- Hays Campus (1200 Kohlers Crossing)
- Rio Grande Campus (1212 Rio Grande)
- Round Rock Campus (4400 College Park Dr.)
Thursday, April 23
- Cypress Creek Campus (1555 Cypress Creek Rd.)
- Northridge Campus (11928 Stonehollow Dr.)
The Spring Job & Internship Fair provides ACC students and alumni an opportunity to speak with prospective employers and gather employment information directly from representatives in computer networking and programming, veterinary services, health care, human services, education, government, manufacturing, and other sectors.
More than 300 employers representing more than 4,000 job openings across Central Texas are expected to participate.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for our graduates as well as our current students. We know students are more likely to stay in college if they have a steady job and a clear path toward a career,” says Dr. Richard Rhodes, ACC president and CEO.
In addition to accepting resumes, many employers also will conduct onsite interviews. Those attending are encouraged to bring their professional résumé and dress interview-ready.
“Employers are seeking qualified candidates, individuals with degrees and technical skills,” says Alan Miller, executive director of Workforce Solutions Capital Area which is co-sponsoring the fair. “ACC’s stackable credentials create a stronger candidate for many employers. We are working with ACC Career Services to help students communicate these skills in their resume, interviews, and introductions at the fair.”Back to Top