At its June 1 regular session, the Austin Community College District Board of Trustees discussed matters relating to the college’s Highland and Leander campuses. A few items are summarized below. Find meeting agendas and minutes on the Board Meetings Records webpage. View a video of the proceedings on the Board Meetings Audio & Video Recordings webpage.
BGK Architects selected for Highland Phase II renovation
Trustees selected Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek (BGK) Architects as the architect/engineering team for phase II of the Highland Campus project. One of three finalists considered, BGK Architects also oversaw phase I of the Highland Campus project.
The board next will review candidates for construction manager at-risk and is expected to award the project in August.
ACC Highland street names
Trustees approved street names for the ACC Highland development. The names will not be official until accepted by the City of Austin. View ACC Highland street names pay tribute to college’s past to learn about the selected names.
Firms present proposals to design Leander Campus
Four architectural/engineering firm finalists to design the Leander Campus — Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects, Studio 8, Pflluger Associates, and Stantec — presented proposals on their qualifications. Trustees are expected to select an architect later in the summer.
The following members of the Leander Campus proposal evaluation committee selected the finalists from 16 submissions:
- Kristine Elderkin, emergency management coordinator
- Linda Haywood, campus manager, Cypress Creek Campus
- Andy Kim, director, environmental stewardship
- Brian Morrow, Leander Campus project manager
- William Mullane, executive director, facilities & construction
- Joe Napolitano, building and grounds electrical supervisor
- Rachel Ruiz, student services dean
- Rodney Wheeler, construction buyer (non-voting facilitator)