New degree and certificates begin this fall; open registration happening now
Austin Community College (ACC) is expanding its degree and certificate programs in fall to meet regional workforce demands in rapidly growing industries such as health sciences, the creative sector, and IT.
“There are well-paying jobs available in our community, but employers need skilled people,” says Dr. Charles Cook, ACC provost. “Our goal at ACC is to not only provide those highly trained, well-prepared workers for the employers, but also to open pathways for those who are underemployed. That means expanding our programs to meet the needs of our local industries.”
The college offers more than 100 degrees and technical certificates in high-demand workforce areas. New offerings this fall include:
- Pharmacy Technology Degree: The Texas Workforce Commission projects at least a 29 percent job growth for pharmacy technicians and technologists in the Austin area by 2022. For more information visit edu/health.
- Converging Media Production Degree: According to a recent economic impact report, the industry has grown approximately 25 percent over the past five years and is expected to grow another 27 percent by 2022. For more information visit edu/rtf.
- Technical Theater & Sustainable Production Management Certificates: Designed to teach students practical skills in planning, producing, and managing performing arts events to prepare an arts management labor force for the burgeoning creative sector in Central Texas. For more information visit edu/drama.
- Sustainable Agriculture Entrepreneurship Certificate: Designed to equip students with the technical farming training and business skills required to run a financially viable and ecologically friendly agricultural business. Currently, community gardens produce an estimated 100,000 pounds of fresh local, organic produce for Austin residents every year. For more information visit austincc.edu/agriculture.
- Intensive English: A fast track to basic language skills and cultural understanding designed for international students. The program provides a supportive environment, with classes taught by highly qualified instructors. For more information visit edu/esol/intensive-english-program.
Open registration is underway for fall. Tuition and fee rates for in-district students remain unchanged at $67 per credit hour. ACC has an open-door admissions policy, meaning everyone who meets the eligibility criteria is encouraged to enroll.
For more information on applying and registering, visit austincc.edu/fall. The fall term begins August 24.Back to Top