The following is provided by the Human Resources Office.
Annual benefits enrollment begins July 24
ACC’s annual benefits enrollment period is July 24 through August 6.
The college will kick off enrollment for the new plan year by hosting a presentation Monday, July 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Highland Business Center, Room 201. Representatives from Employers Retirement System of Texas (ACC’s benefits administrator) will be on hand to answer questions.
New benefits and plan changes
ERS has announced several new benefits and significant plan changes effective September 1. They include:
- An employee-paid vision plan administered by Superior Vision.
- A high-deductible health plan (HDHP) option. Known as Consumer Directed HealthSelect, this plan offers lower insurance premiums in exchange for higher deductibles. Enrollees can contribute to a health savings account (HSA) to use pre-tax earnings to pay for healthcare expenses. They also can contribute to a limited flexible spending account specifically for dental and vision expenses.
- A new pharmacy benefit manager: HealthSelect of Texas Prescription Drug Program replaces CareMark effective January 1, 2017.
- Premium rate increases for health and dental insurance. See details on the ERS Plan Year 2017 Rates flier (pdf).
Watch for additional information and announcements about 2017 plan year changes and enrollment from ACC and ERS in upcoming months. For questions, call ERS at 877-275-4377 or email the HR Benefits office at: email@example.com.
Supervisor Certificate Program
Non-faculty employees are invited to apply now for the Supervisor Certificate Program kicking off in October. The application deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, July 1.
- June 14: 9:30 –10:30 a.m.: Round Rock Campus Room 2226
- June 24: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.: South Austin Campus Room 1202
PEP evaluation system live through July 29
The online Performance Excellence Program (PEP) System is now available for supervisors and employees. Supervisors have until Friday, July 29 to complete all evaluations.
Faculty members (such as department chairs or deans) who have classified or professional-technical staff reporting to them must complete the PEP process for those employees.
Learn more on the Professional Development and Evaluation Programs webpage, and find additional details and instructions for employees and supervisors on the Staff Evaluations and Supervisors Staff Evaluation webpages, respectively.
For questions about the PEP process, contact Cameron Keel, staff evaluation coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-223-7984.
Featured employee discounts for June
- Save up to 80 percent on Father’s Day and graduation gifts at Jewelry.com.
- Receive 5 percent off car rentals with Payless Car Rental.
- Get 25 percent off vacation rentals with Endless Vacation Rentals.
Deer Oaks EAP newsletter
Find information and tips in monthly newsletters for employees and supervisors. Check out the June Employee Newsletter (pdf) for these articles:
- Retirement: A New Beginning (plus online seminar June 21)
- Conflict Resolution in a Relationship
- Keep an Eye on Portion Size
- Clinician’s Corner: Self Care
- Going for Groceries without Going Broke
View the Supervisor Newsletter for the following articles:
- Learn to Build Trust in the Workplace
- Getting More from Conferences
- Ask Your EAP!
ACC celebrates recent retirees
ACC celebrates the following retirees. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Name||Department||Years with ACC|
|Elizabeth Cormier||Accounts Payable||10.75|
|Lee Gideon||CE-Architectural and Engineering Computer-Aided Design||20.5|
Tags: hr connectionBack to Top