2016-17 parking permits on sale Aug. 8

Austin Community College parking permits for the 2016-17 academic year are available for purchase online.

Permit fees are unchanged:

Rio Grande Campus garageStudents and hourly staff: $15
Adjunct faculty: $20
Staff, Classified: $30
Staff, Prof-Tech: $35
Full-time faculty: $40
Administrators: $50
Motorcycle permits: $15

Parking permits for 2015-16 expire August 31.

Students must be registered and have paid their tuition or set up a payment plan to purchase a parking permit.

Green car tag

Green Car permits allow access to preferred parking spots on campuses. Green Car permits are free for vehicles on the green car list (pdf). Green car drivers also must purchase and display a regular ACC parking permit. (Green car spaces are limited; a permit does not guarantee a preferred spot.)

Ordering permits and green car tags online

To purchase a parking permit or obtain a green car tag online:

  • Select a payment method and place your order, then check ACCmail for a confirmation notice.
  • Go to any campus Cashier Office to pick up your permit between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Waivers for veterans

ACC waives the parking permit fee for disabled veterans who own a vehicle with a state-issued license plate designation of “disabled veteran.”  Qualifying students and employees must provide the Cashier Office with a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles receipt showing the “Disabled Veteran” plate type.

The college also waives the parking permit fee for the following military medal recipients:  Medal of Honor, Purple Heart, Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, Pearl Harbor Survivor, and Former Prisoner of War.  To receive the waiver, veterans must provide the Cashier Office with a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles receipt for the license plate type issued or other documentation (such as a DD-214) showing the medal awarded.

Green Passes available

A Green Pass allows unlimited rides on Capital Metro bus and rail services for one semester. It is available for $25 to ACC credit and Adult Basic Education students, faculty, and full-time staff.

Students and employees can obtain a Green Pass at any campus Cashier Office.

Choose alternative transportation and help the environment

Read about other transportation options on the Sustainability Office webpage. Information on parking regulations, permits, and enforcement is on the Parking Regulations webpage.

Tags: ,

Back to Top