See below for information about applying for the 2017-18 academy class.
Members of the 2016-17 ACC Leadership Academy celebrated a year of learning and growth at a graduation ceremony May 26 at Eastview Campus.
President/CEO Dr. Richard Rhodes commended graduates for embracing the innovation and creativity that’s essential in higher education. Projects completed by academy participants will help the college better serve students, he said, while the collaborations fostered in the group will benefit community partnerships.
“It’s not just a team internal to ACC, it’s a team that works with our partners to come together to meet the skills needs of Central Texas. It’s truly making a difference in our community.”
The Leadership Academy is open to full-time faculty and staff. Participants are chosen for their demonstrated commitment to the college, potential for professional growth, and long-term goals. They attend monthly meetings and presentations in addition to completing a group project.
Academy fellows and their projects are:
Project focus: Introduce a two-part, comprehensive incentive program at ACC to increase enrollment, persistence, and completion for full-time, credit students.
- Melissa Brown, administrative assistant, Hays Campus Manager’s Office
- Tina Colvin, assistant, Human Resources
- Dale Henry, supervisor, Duplication Services
- Glynis Kaye Miller, registrar, Admissions and Records
- Will Moore, database & reporting analyst, Information Technology
Project focus: Streamline the course substitution and waiver approval process by allowing academic advisors to submit requests on a student’s behalf and to receive feedback regarding whether a request has been approved or denied.
- Judy Arriaga, student support specialist, Computer Studies and Advanced Technology
- F.C. Caranikas, institutional analyst, Institutional Effectiveness and Accountability
- Sheresa Edgington, advising specialist, Student Services
- Adam Lenker, counselor, Student Services; assistant professor, Student Development
- Janelle Townsel, advising specialist, Student Services
Project focus: Development of an electronic payment system (Bat-Bucks) in order to provide students, staff, and faculty with the ability to upload funds to their ACC ID card for payments on and around campus.
- Anita Ahmadi, executive assistant, Community Engagement and Public Affairs
- Ashley Carr, librarian/assistant professor, Library Services
- Leticia Hernandez, specialist, Student Services Information Center
- Marcus Kajdas, multimedia installations technician, Information Technology
- Dana Washington, supervisor, ACC Centers
Project focus: Launching a Center for Entrepreneurship for ACC students and community members.
- Leticia Botello, advising specialist , Student Services
- Mayra Espinoza, specialist, Records and Information Management
- Rebecca Robinson-Francis, coordinator, P-16 Initiatives, School Relations
- Yam Tolan, professor, Professional Photography
Project focus: Development of a unified communication portal across the college district for ACC employees.
- Debbie Benavidez, senior administrative assistant, Student Services
- Thomas Clark, recruiting/advising specialist, Recruitment & Enrollment
- Joe Davila-Ybarra, admissions assistant, Admissions and Records
- Vanessa Medina-Flores, professional development tech specialist, Human Resources
Tags: leadership academyBack to Top