Faculty Winter Institute 2017: Online Course Redesign Academy

Online Course Redesign Academy (OCRA)

• Facebook
  • Twitter

$1,000 Faculty Incentive

Applications for the Fall 2017 Online Course Redesign Academy (OCRA) are now open. This in-depth professional development series provides context, dialogue, and support to faculty in the design and development of online/hybrid courses.
Training sessions take place at the Highland Business Center or Highland Campus on the following dates:
  • Friday November 10, 9:00am-4:00pm (lunch will be provided)
  • Friday November 17, 9:00am-1:00pm
  • Friday December 01, 9:00am-1:00pm
  • Friday December 08, 9:00am-1:00pm
Faculty who apply and are accepted into this program will receive a $1000 stipend split in two installments for 1) full participation in the academy and 2) redesigning their course based on Quality Matters standards.

Deadline to Apply: Sunday, November 5th at 5 pm

Apply Now

Testimonials

“Participating in the Online Course Redesign Academy helped me rethink and rework some of the activities that I have been using, and informed the specifics of new activities that I created. I received one on one help and plenty of time to craft changes to my course. My activities are more aligned with my department’s PSLOs (Program Student Learning Outcomes) and the Gen Ed Outcomes and I think students will like that many of them are more interesting and do not duplicate what was already assessed.” -Marilyn Yale, Summer 2017 OCRA Participant

“The Online Course Redesign Academy is an effective and engaging workshop.  It intentionally gives the instructor a bundle of time and a personal resource from the Instructional Design team and allows them to focus on  upgrading a particular online course.  It made it possible to consider the design of the course on a deeper level and enhance the intuitiveness and usefulness from the student perspective.” -Liz Hundley, Summer 2017 OCRA Participant

“The last few days of the training were a very productive use of time where we were able to apply to concepts learned directly to our online classes while having the support of Instructional Designers and other faculty. I feel confident that I have developed an online class that will increase student success and truly provides the students with tools and resources needed while being organized in an easy to follow format. Thank you to the ID’s for their support!” – Michelle Fitzpatrick, Summer 2017 OCRA Participant

“I highly recommend my faculty colleagues take this course to help improve your online course delivery. Quality Matters is more than a rubric or best practices guideline. It offers a peer reviewed credential that is certified. Our IDS staff facilitated the program in a very professional and winsome manner that helped improve my online courses and student retention.” -Don Morris, Summer 2017 OCRA Participant

Back to Top

Share This

Share this post with your friends!