Work-Study Position Title: Hybrid Lab Assistant
Department: Learning Lab
Campus: Hybrid Position (Combination of in-person & remote work); Based at the Riverside
Reports To: Manager, Learning Lab
Related Area(s) of Study: Computer Science & Information Technology; Education; Liberal Arts
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week of hybrid work - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Schedule includes: Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8 pm, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 10 am - 6 pm, Sunday 12 noon - 6 pm.
Purpose: To provide in-person and remote lab and/or classroom support services to students and faculty.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Maintain clean and safe facilities which includes organizing materials/supplies.
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries in-person, on the phone, or via email.
• Maintain data entry or process any office documents.
• Perform clerical duties in support of the department.
• May assist students in an in-person or virtual lab/classroom setting.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to use a personal computer to perform remote job functions.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Additional Job Duties:
• Provide front desk and clerical support such as cleaning, printout distribution, and ticket assignment monitoring.
• Assist students with computer usage.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.