Work-Study Position Title: Hybrid Office Assistant
Department: Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Campus: Hybrid Position (Combination of in-person & remote work); Based at the Highland Campus
Reports To: Coordinator, Program - Architectural & Engineering Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Related Area(s) of Study: Design, Manufacturing, Construction & Applied Technologies; Arts, Digital Media & Communications; Education
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week of hybrid work - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM. Evening and/or weekend hours available.
Purpose: Provides in-person and remote clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries in-person, on the phone, or via email.
• Maintain data entry or process any office documents.
• Perform clerical duties in support of department.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to use a personal computer to perform remote job functions.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Additional Job Duties:
• General office duties and website updates.
• Create communication materials such as flyers.
Additional Job Specifications:
• Must know WordPress.
• Must have graphic design knowledge.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.