Work-Study Position Title: Hybrid Office Assistant
Department: Digital Skills for Todays Jobs
Campus: Hybrid Position (Combination of in-person & remote work); Based at the Highland Campus on Wednesdays between 9AM - 5PM
Reports To: Supervisory Trainer
Related Area(s) of Study: Business; Education
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week of remote work - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 9AM – 6PM.
Purpose: Provides in-person and remote clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Record audiobook content using provided equipment and text for asynchronous course;
• Contact previous students via phone calls to gather hire and other data;
• Research and modify job search materials for courses and coaching, including resume examples and job search site information for job seekers;
• Create and update content for social media sites, including LinkedIn and Facebook to help promote the program and engage students;
• Research guest speakers for course visits.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to record audio content by utilizing provided tools
• Ability to professionally and courteously engage with past students via phone calls to gather data post-enrollment
• Ability to conform to an established hybrid work schedule.
• Ability to engage with the public professionally via social media.
• Ability to use a personal computer to perform remote job functions.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Additional Job Duties:
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries on the phone.
• Maintain data entry and process office documents.
• Perform clerical duties in support of the department.
• Research and organize information about career/workforce-related topics.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.