Work-Study Position Title: In-Person Office Assistant
Department: Media Services
Campus: Multiple Campuses (see above "Category" list)
Reports To: Manager, Media Services at Office of Academic Technology
Related Area(s) of Study: Arts, Digital Media & Communitions
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM.
Purpose: Provides clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Respond to and/or direct inquiries in person, on the phone, or via email.
• Maintain data entry or process any office documents.
• Perform clerical duties in support of department.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Ability to use personal computers.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Additional Job Specifications:
• To interact with current students (Computer Center) or faculty/staff (Faculty Resource Center) in an open computer lab environment by responding to inquiries and technical support questions. Additionally, employees will facilitate the check out of available technology to students, faculty or staff and lead (or assist with) training sessions for common ACC software and technologies.
• Employees will serve as stewards to the college in order to help ensure success for all students.
• Provide technology support for students, faculty, and staff.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with classroom audio/visual technology.
• Provide computer assistance for students or faculty in computer lab.
• Facilitate checking out of technology to faculty, students, and staff.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.