Position Title: In-Person - Outreach Assistant
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: Multiple Campuses (North, Central, and South locations available)
Reports To: Manager, Financial Aid Outreach & Special Programs
Related Area(s) of Study: Public & Social Services, Education
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study offer. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM. Some evening and/or weekend hours required.
Job Description Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to a departmental office, program, and/or classroom/lab.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Performs office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine reports and documents.
- Produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, and other documents.
- Answers the telephone, routes calls, or takes messages; responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone.
- May input budget figures, prepares requisitions, logs and tracks expenditures, takes payments, or issues invoices or bills.
- Maintains tracking systems and logs.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
- May assist instructors and students in a lab/classroom setting.
- Additional duties may be assigned based on departmental, program, or classroom/lab needs.
Job Specific Requirements
- Maintains and updates website such as ensuring the work-study job board and financial aid web-pages are up-to-date.
- Database management and maintenance of our text messaging platform and student emails.
- Represents the Financial Aid Office in a positive and engaging manner at events for current and prospective students.
- Assists with internal Financial Aid Events such as Financial Aid Week and assists with event logistics such as scheduling.
- Gathers and compiles data for reports.
- May research and make recommendations related to projects/programs.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update web pages.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar environment. Remote options may be available depending on position needs.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
This position is only open to current students who have been offered work-study on their financial aid package. Additional requirements include:
- Enrollment in a minimum of six college credits.
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester.
For more information about the work-study program or to add your name to the waitlist, visit www.austincc.edu/workstudy.