Work-Study Position Title: In-Person Riverbat Ambassador
Department: Student Life
Campus: Based at multiple campuses
Reports To: Supervisor or Coordinator, Student Life
Related Area(s) of Study: Arts, Digital Media & Communications; Culinary, Hospitality & Tourism; Education
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM.
Purpose: To provide peer-to-peer engagement and support via Student Life programming, Student Affairs referrals, and classroom presentations.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Provide peer-to-peer engagement:
- Serve as a role model for and intentionally engage with peers.
- Provide information and referrals to students for academic and support resources.
- Promotion of ACC programs and resources.
- Interact with and gather input from the student body regarding various ACC initiatives and opportunities.
- Support and execute the planning and implementation of Student Life programming.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external partners.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Represent Student Life with professionalism and diplomacy.
• Participate in regular training regarding communication, leadership development, ACC resources, Student Rights and Responsibilities, etc.
• Participate in regular Success Planning/1:1s with Student Life Staff.
• Utilize organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
• Provide support at district-wide and departmental events.
• Participate in ACC and SL marketing efforts such as blogging, social media, and advertisements in collaboration with the Office of College Marketing and Student Affairs Communication.
• Provide clerical support and other duties as assigned.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Ability to conform to an established work schedule.
• Ability to use a computer to perform job functions.
• Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Enrolled at ACC in at least 6 credit hours.
• Minimum of 2.0 GPA.
• Must qualify for work-study during the semester of employment.
• Comfortable with public speaking.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard word processing, database, virtual platforms (Google Meet, WebEx, Zoom, etc.) and presentation office software applications
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Ability to routinely work in a virtual environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
• Occasional lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
• Work safely and follow safety rules; Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• All interested candidates must complete the following application: 2021 - 2022 Riverbat Ambassador Application. Please note that a work-study offer in Self-Service is required to be considered for this position.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.