Position Title: In-Person - Riverbat Ambassador
Department: Student Life
Campus: Multiple Campuses (Cypress, Elgin, Hays, Highland, Northridge, Rio Grande, Round Rock, Riverside, South Austin, San Gabriel)
Reports To: Supervisor
Related Area(s) of Study: Arts, Digital Media & Communications, Business
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study offer. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM.
Job Description Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to a departmental office, program, and/or classroom/lab.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Performs office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine reports and documents.
- Produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, and other documents.
- Answers the telephone, routes calls, or takes messages; responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the telephone.
- May input budget figures, prepares requisitions, logs and tracks expenditures, takes payments, or issues invoices or bills.
- Maintains tracking systems and logs.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers and fax machines.
- May assist instructors and students in a lab/classroom setting.
- Additional duties may be assigned based on departmental, program, or classroom/lab needs.
Job Specific Requirements
- Provide peer-to-peer engagement:
• Serve as a role model for and intentionally engage with peers
• Provide information and referrals to students for academic and support resources
• Promotion of ACC programs and resources
• Interact with and gather input from the student body regarding various ACC initiatives and opportunities
• Support and execute the planning and implementation of Student Life programming
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external partners
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Represent Student Life with professionalism and diplomacy
• Participate in regular training regarding communication, leadership development, ACC resources, Student Rights and Responsibilities, etc.
• Participate in regular Success Planning/1:1s with Student Life Staff
• Utilize organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through
• Provide support at district-wide and departmental events
• Participate in ACC and SL marketing efforts such as blogging, social media, and advertisements in collaboration with the Office of College Marketing and Student Affairs Communication
• Provide clerical support and other duties as assigned
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update web pages.
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar environment. Remote options may be available depending on position needs.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
This position is only open to current students who have been offered work-study on their financial aid package. Additional requirements include:
- Enrollment in a minimum of six college credits.
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester.
For more information about the work-study program or to add your name to the waitlist, visit www.austincc.edu/workstudy.