Work-Study Position Title: Remote Office Assistant
Department: Student Affairs Ascender Program
Campus: 100 % Remote Position
Reports To: Manager, Hispanic Outreach Projects
Related Area(s) of Study: Public & Social Services; Education
Compensation Rate: $15.60 Hourly
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week of remote work - Weekly maximum is based on the student’s work-study award. Standard schedule Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM. Some evening and/or weekend hours required.
Purpose: Provides clerical support, information about ACC Ascender program and other initiatives.
Description Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Supports program events and activities, and handles arrangements related to facility use, security, logistics. Provides event setup and clean-up.
- Contacts students by phone, text and email in support of outreach and retention efforts. Tracks and maintains student contact logs.
- May receive, review, and maintain departmental records and documents.
- Assists in creating and designing recruitment and advising materials.
- Maintains and updates records and files hard copy and/or for posting on the ACC web, and submits reports as appropriate.
- May serve as front desk receptionist.
- Works collaboratively with other Student Services areas and Instructional Units.
- May be asked to provide program information in both English and Spanish to students, parents of students, and the community.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• Practices and applies principles for prioritizing workflow.
• Understanding of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Experience using Social Media.
• Have a reliable Wifi connection at home.
• Be able to create flyers and other promotional materials as needed.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Maintaining an established remote work schedule.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
• Ability to work a consistent set of hours each day.
• Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 10 pounds.
• 1 year of clerical support experience.
• High School Diploma or GED, some College work desirable.
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be available to participate in events promoting the college on evenings and
• Must have reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
• Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
To be eligible for work-study, you must show financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet additional requirements such as:
- Remain enrolled in at least 6 credits (half-time) on your degree plan for each term you are employed. If you drop below half-time enrollment, you must stop working immediately.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards each semester (e.g. a cumulative 2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate).
- If offered work-study on Self-Service, complete a Criminal History Background Check and submit Human Resources paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.