The mission of the Department of Psychology is to offer a strong educational program that stimulates learning and growth among our students.
Aligned with our mission, the goals of the Psychology Program are to:
- Provide students with an understanding of the psychology discipline as a science and a profession.
- Prepare majors for completion of an Associate degree in psychology or transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting institution.
The Psychology program is highly committed to the vision of Austin Community College: to be recognized as the “preferred gateway to higher education and training and as the catalyst for social equity, economic development, and personal enrichment.” This vision includes the core values of communication, access, responsiveness, excellence, and stewardship.
Consistent with this commitment, the vision of the Psychology program is to be among the strongest community college programs in the nation, serving as a gateway to higher education.
Our commitment to excellence is reflected within the following program values:
- Trust, respect, and academic freedom;
- Professional competence, integrity, and accountability;
- Professional and personal development;
- Individual initiative and creativity;
- Stewardship and collaboration;
- Appreciation and respect for our multicultural global community and the dignity, equality, and worth of the individual person.
Learn About our Study Abroad Program
Learn About our Peace Building and Conflict Resolution