Welcome to the Asian American and Pacific Islander Cultural Center
To support students in their academic journey at ACC and create opportunities for the community throughout the district to learn about and engage with the AAPI heritage and cultures.
Through a variety of programs and services with a focus on the AAPI community and related issues, the AAPI Center strives to
- empower students with helpful resources and support to help create a holistic ACC experience;
- provide the community with an open and trusted space that fosters a sense of belonging; and
- educate and enrich communities throughout the ACC District about AAPI heritage and cultures in the interest of creating a more just and inclusive society.
11928 Stonehollow Drive
Austin, TX 78758
Recent & Ongoing Events
Communications Careers in the AI World – November 17, 2023
The Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Cultural Center at ACC hosted a Communications Careers in the AI World Panel Discussion discussing the world of AI and its impact on current and future communications careers. The panel was led by industry experts:
- Xiao Meng, Data Scientist at General Motors
- Carolyn Perez, Director of Communications for the Texas Permanent School Fund Corporation
- Susan Meigs, Professor of Business, Government, & Technical Communication and Composition & Literary Studies, Austin Community College
Fall 2023 AAPI Book Club – Permission to Come Home
Welcome to AAPI Book Club at the ACC Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Cultural Center. We are a book club dedicated to fostering self-discovery, self-growth, and nurturing a sense of community. Each book is carefully chosen to inspire introspection, encourage personal growth, and ignite meaningful conversations. AAPI Book Club is open to ACC students, staff, and faculty.
We’re reading Permission to Come Home by Dr. Jenny T. Wang this fall. The first 10 students signed up with an ACC email will receive a free copy of the book.
M-F: 9am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
11928 Stonehollow Drive,
Austin, TX 78758