Dear Faculty and Staff,
Austin Community College District is closely tracking the spread of the new coronavirus. The ACC Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is monitoring local, state, and national developments on a daily basis. At this point, there are no known cases of the virus in Central Texas.
The college established a webpage to keep you informed and provide helpful tips for staying healthy. I encourage you to visit austincc.edu/coronavirus to learn more.
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions. The Centers for Disease Control recommends the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness, call 911
If you traveled from China in the past 14 days, we ask that you notify the Office of Safety and Operations, and if you begin experiencing fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, please contact your personal care physician to be evaluated.
ACC will continue to monitor and update our campus community on the evolving situation. Thank you for your support to protect our campus community.
Dr. Molly Beth Malcolm
Executive Vice Chancellor
Campus Operations & Public Affairs