To apply, visit the ACC Scholarship Opportunities page.
Austin Community College offers several scholarships to qualifying students. The departmental scholarships listed below help dance and drama students cover tuition, fees, supplies, and books.
Dance & Drama Scholarship ($1,000)
Departmental scholarship for current dance or drama majors
• Dance or Drama major
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (or 2.5 with faculty recommendation)
• Successful completion of 12 hours of coursework at ACC including two courses in dance and/or drama
• Agree to complete three hours of dance coursework per semester
Awards are based on prior involvement with the Dance and Drama Department for at least one semester, scholastic merit, artistic promise, and need for financial assistance.
Dance & Drama Freshman Scholarship ($1,000)
To assist incoming freshmen enrolling as dance or drama majors at ACC
• Dance or Drama major
• Must have graduated high school within the last two years of application and not transferring from another college or university.
• Minimum 2.5/4.0 GPA or equivalent in high school
• Audition and interview with at least one member of the dance or drama department faculty
• Awarded on the basis of scholastic merit, artistic promise and need for financial assistance
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Recipient chosen by Dance and Drama Department faculty
2. Students must successfully complete a minimum of 9 hours each semester with a 2.50 GPA while on scholarship
3. Students must enroll in a minimum of 3 hours of dance or drama coursework
4. Award is for two consecutive fall and spring semesters
Boyd Vance Scholarship ($1,000)
To assist African-American students enrolling in the ACC dance or drama program
• High school diploma, GED, or 3.0 GPA for all college coursework
• Agree to enroll in at least 9 hours per semester, of which 3 hours must be in dance or drama coursework
•Awards are based on scholastic merit and artistic promise
All scholarship recipients must sign an agreement stating specific involvement with the Dance or Drama Department for at least one semester. This involvement may be through performance, technical production, or management and administration.
Please note that scholarship applications have deadlines that must be met.