This checklist is for Health Sciences students, faculty and staff only. Non-Health Sciences faculty and staff should follow the steps on this page.
View and study the HIPAA Presentation. It will be the basis for the Post-Test in Step 2.
Complete the HIPAA Post-Test and print the confirmation email.
For Health Sciences Students, Faculty, Teaching Assistants, and New Hires (no eID required): Click here to take the HIPAA Post-Test
For Full-time Staff Professional Development Credit ONLY (eID required):
- To receive credit, you must log in to the Workshop & Event Registration website.
- Click “Available Workshops,” then click “Search for a workshop by name.” Enter “HIPAA” in the search bar.
- Click on the HIPAA link, then click “Enroll me.”
- On the next screen, click “Begin Course,” and proceed through the HIPAA Presentation if you have not already done so. (If you click “Begin Course” and nothing happens, you may need to disable your browser’s popup blocker first.)
- When you are ready, click here to take the HIPAA Post-Test for Full-time Staff.
Download, print and sign the HIPAA Confidentiality and Security Agreement Form (3 pages, PDF).
For Health Sciences Students: Scan all 4 pages into 1 document and upload to CastleBranch using the order code provided by your program.
For Health Sciences Faculty and Staff: Return forms to your department, as instructed.
Human Services students do not need to complete step 4.