The following is provided by the Human Resources Office.
Benefits enrollment is July 24 through August 6
The Employees Retirement System of Texas will be sending employees benefits coverage statements and enrollment packets. Please watch for this important information as there are a number of changes to the benefit plans offered for next year.
ACC will host the ERS Summer Enrollment Fair & Presentation on Monday, July 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Highland Business Center, Room 201. The enrollment fair will have insurance vendors available to answer questions. The presentation will start and 10:30 a.m. and focus on changes to the ERS benefits program. The presentation will be available online for those unable to attend. Watch for more information in the next few weeks.
ERS ‘Real Appeal’ program
Employees and their covered dependents who are members of HealthSelect can access a new online weight-loss program called Real Appeal. The step-by-step program teaches healthy habits that over time can lead to lasting weight loss.
The Real Appeal program is free for employees, spouses, and dependents 18 and older who are covered by HealthSelect of Texas. Enroll at healthselect.realappeal.com.
The Real Appeal program provides tools to help employees achieve lasting weight loss, including:
- A personal transformation coach who leads weekly online group sessions and provides one-one-one support to tailor a program for your needs, schedule, and goals.
- A success kit with step-by-step guides, workout DVDs and gear, recipes, and healthy kitchen cooking tools — including a personal blender — and more.
- Online and mobile app for access to Real Appeal tracking tools, messaging, and digital resources any time, from anywhere.
The Real Appeal program complements the Weight Watchers at Work program offered at Highland Business Center and Cypress Creek Campus.
For more information, contact HealthSelect.
For information about Weight Watchers at Work, contact Anita Ahmadi, firstname.lastname@example.org, for classes at Highland Business Center, or Beth Prickett, email@example.com, for classes at Cypress Creek Campus.
Visit the ACC Access Wellness website at or contact Gina Akin, firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions about other wellness programs.
Supervisor Certificate Program grads
Congratulations to the following graduates of the inaugural class of the Supervisor Certificate Program.
The program is designed for non-faculty employees who have limited supervisor experience and those who have identified a supervisory position in their career path. Upon completion, participants receive credit for one year of supervision experience and are eligible to pursue and apply for ACC supervisory positions.
Employees completing the two-year program are:
Mariusz (Marcus) Kajdas
Featured employee discounts for July
Celebrate the season with savings from the ACC Advantage Discount Program:
- Restaurant.com offers discount certificates at more than 18,000 restaurants nationwide.
- Save on wireless service, phones, and accessories from Verizon.
- Lower auto insurance costs with MetLife, where customers save an average of $500.
Deer Oaks EAP newsletters
Find information and tips in monthly newsletters for employee and supervisor. Check out these topics in the July newsletters.
- Addictions and Emotions, including reminder for online seminar: “Next Steps: Dealing with Addiction in a Loved One”
- Core Exercises: Why You Should Strengthen your Core
- Snippets: Clean Hands Save Lives; Heat Exhaustion
- Clinician’s Corner
- Inexpensive Summer Activities for Kids
- What to Ask to Create a Successful Team
- Admin to Admin: The New Kid on the Block
- Ask Your EAP!
ACC celebrates recent retirees
ACC celebrates the following retirees. Retirees are recognized at Board of Trustees meetings for their years of service to the college.
|Name||Department||Years with ACC|
|Teri Layton||Children’s Lab School||25|
|Wanda Pierce||Automotive Technology||35|
|James (Red) Wassenich||Library Services||32|