ACC Economics faculty are dedicated, trained teachers and are excited about the subject matter and the opportunity to share it with students. They are eager to participate in a collaborative learning experience with their students in order to achieve mastery of the principles of economics as well as improvements in reading, writing, and critical thinking skills. In addition, students who complete these courses will be far better prepared to understand the debates surrounding current economic problems and will be better able to assume the responsibilities of citizenship in a participatory democracy.
- help students understand the economic world that they live in by mastering basic theories and concepts of economics,
- help economics majors be successful and competitive at four year institutions,
- support business programs that list economics as a prerequisite,
- broaden students’ world views,
- develop valuable intellectual skills including the ability to think logically and critically, to communicate orally and in writing, and to calculate and conduct rigorous analysis and research.