Applications Development – Coding and Design
Apple app developers specialize in building software programs (apps) for iOS mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads, and macOS devices using Swift in Xcode. They may also test, debug, or update existing apps.
Apple Application Developer skills:
- Use Swift in Xcode to create software applications for iOS and macOS devices
- Analytical and problem solving
- Ability to stay on task, meet deadlines, work on teams, and communicate effectively with clients and coworkers
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields
Applications Development – Coding and Design Certificates and Degree
Applications Development awards were designed to stack. Start by earning your Occupational Skills Award in as little as one semester as a full-time student. Continue on to earn a certificate in Applications Development, in as little as one year, then complete your Applications Development – Design and Coding AAS degree.
Occupational Skills Award (OSA)
Computer Programming OSA features four introductory courses in computing, programming, and networking
Applications Development – Coding and Design Certificate
Programming, Swift in Xcode, and user interface design
Applications Development – Coding and Design, AAS Degree
Degree designed to prepare students for an entry level job as an app developer using Swift