Data scientists help organizations deal with the massive amounts of data they collect each day and turn it into actionable business intelligence. Computer Programming students specializing in Data Science will gain expertise in Python scientific and visualization programming tools and, upon graduating, have the skills needed to assist data scientists.
Data Science skills:
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data analysis software
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields