Data scientists help organizations deal with the massive amounts of data they collect each day and turn it into actionable business intelligence. Computer Programming students specializing in Data Science will gain expertise in Python scientific and visualization programming tools and, upon graduating, have the skills needed to assist data scientists.
Data Science skills:
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data analysis software
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields
Computer Programming – Data Science Certificates and Degree
Computer programming awards were designed to stack. Start by earning your Marketable Skills award in as little as one semester as a full-time student. Continue on to earn a certificate in Data Science, in as little as one year, then complete your Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Programming.
Marketable Skills Award
Three introductory courses in computing, programming, and networking
Data Science Certificate
Database platforms, operating system and advanced programming, Data Science track
Programming, AAS Degree
Degree designed for an entry-level programming position