Safety in Science. Safety training information for faculty, staff, students, work-study, hourly and visitors. Safety forms are located here, as well as other information.
EHS (Environmental Health, Safety, and Insurance)
Professional Development Requirements
Full time faculty and full-time lab staff are required to have 12 (clock) hours and adjunct faculty are required to have 4 (clock) hours each year. The hours must be completed between September 1 and August 31 of each year. All hours for the previous academic year must be recorded by September 15.
All employees are required to have ADA and Sexual Harassment training every two years. Register and participate in the training online through ACC Workshop & Event Registration.
Informal credit can be given for whatever a faculty member and the department head agree on that aids teaching improvement or aids in keeping a faculty member current in his or her teaching field. For informal credit, the Professional Development Activity Form must be filled out and sent to George Staff for his approval.
ACC Professional Development Information
- Faculty Development at Austin Community College
- ACC Workshop & Event Registration [available workshops]
- ACC Professional Development and Evaluation Programs webpage
- Curious about how many hours you’ve completed? Check your hours here.
- ACC’s FAQs about professional development