The Office of Student Life provides students an opportunity to be recognized through various awards and programs that highlight their commitment to personal and professional growth. The Presidential Student Achievement Award (PSAA) is the most prestigious ACC award earned by a graduating student who has demonstrated academic excellence, service to ACC and the community, and commitment to ACC values and vision.
Student Life staff will verify the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Attended ACC a minimum of two consecutive semesters
- Graduating in Fall 2019
Applications will be evaluated on the criteria below by a committee of faculty and staff. Finalists will be selected for interviews.
- Documented involvement in Student Life programs
- College and community service
- Quality of involvement (impact on campus)
- Scope of involvement (variety)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Future commitment and potential for future achievement
- Must be in good standing with the college
The recipient of the Presidential Student Achievement Award, will receive a $500 award and a plaque. In addition, the recipient is the first student to walk across the stage at graduation and provides a 3-5 minute speech to the graduating class.