With data from the National Institute of Justice showing that one in five college women (and one in 16 men) will experience some form of non-consensual sexual activity by graduation, the widespread impact of sexual violence on students presents an urgent and pressing challenge for our nation’s campuses.
To report incidents of sexual misconduct or sexual violence please contact the District Title IX Officer at [email protected] or call 512-223-7964. Make an online report at austincc.edu/titleix. For more information contact [email protected].
- National Domestic Violence Hotline — Call 1-800-799-7233 or text: “LOVEIS” to 2252, *Se habla Espanol
- RAINN – The National Sexual Assault Hotline — Call 1-800-656-4673, *Se habla Espanol
- ACC Counseling Offices — Learn more about services and programs across the district that aim to foster life balance, develop personal and academic growth, and help maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
- ACC District Police — Officers are available on campuses at all times when campuses are open. ACC offers police escorts if you ever feel you need someone to walk with you on campus.
- SAFE — A just and safe community free from violence and abuse.
- National Women’s Shelters Directory — Listing of shelters in the Austin area.
- Texas Advocacy Project — Provides free legal services statewide to victims of domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Texas Council on Family Violence — The Texas Council on Family Violence has three main focuses: policy, support to service providers and retention.
- City of Austin Victim Services Resources — A detailed list of 24-hour crisis hotlines, victim assistance programs, support groups/counseling services and alcohol drug abuse prevention programs.