By Marissa Greene
- SL Netflix Halloween Movie Marathon
- Would you consider yourself to be a film fanatic? If so, this event is right up your alley. On Friday, Oct. 30 Student Life will be hosting a seven and a half hour movie marathon that includes films such as Insidious, The Witches, Sleepy Hollow, and Anaconda. Starting at noon, students will be able to get into this spooky season in the comfort of their own home. In order to join students will need to download the Netflix Party Extension and attend the event via Google Meet. For more information and to RSVP visit the event page.
- Trick or Treat Delivered to You
- If the inability to trick or treat this year has you down, this event will sure lift your spooky spirits. This year, the Ghisallo Cycling Initiative team and a group of volunteer couriers will be delivering candy to the doorsteps of any resident within the 78702 area. These contactless drop offs will occur on Halloween day from 4-6 p.m in the Holly, Oak Springs, Rosewood, and other surrounding neighborhoods. Availability will be limited based on supply and household demand. To sign-up for your party pack visit the event link.
- 37th Annual Viva la Vida Fest Goes Virtual
- Are you curious about learning more about the history and culture of Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)? If so,the Mexic-Arte Museum, The Official Mexican and Mexican American Fine Art Museum of Texas, will be hosting their 37th annual Viva la Vida Festival online this year. Attendees will have the ability to participate in artist led activities, listen to music by local bands in Austin and view the performances of Facebook Live, recreate sugar skulls or Pan De Muerto, and view the Day of the Dead exhibition virtually. More information is located on the Mexic-Arte Museum website.
- Powell & Tiller’s Trick Or Treat Benefit
- Do you have a furry friend at home and just can’t wait to dress them up for Halloween? This year, Powell & Tiller’s Dental Care will be hosting a virtual Trick or Treat Benefit Event. From Oct. 29 to Nov. 2 participants can tag @PowellTiller and @AustinPetsAlive in a picture of their festive furry friend and in return Powell & Tiller will donate to Austin Pets Alive!
- The Living Room Dance Party with DJ Mel — Halloween Edition
- Are you ready to monster mash without feeling like a zombie a few days after? Or perhaps you hate to dance in public? Try breaking out those moves in your own living room with this free event. DJ Mel is a high-profiled DJs in Austin who has played in events such as Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Bonnaroo, Voodoo Festival, and much more. Get ready to dance the night away on Oct. 31 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.