Here you will find job postings for jewelers, typically in the Austin area.
If you are looking to work for ACC, clink here.
If you are wanting to have your job posting added to this list, email Dwayne Bandy with the following: Business Name, Business Location, Requirements, Job Description, Job Specific Duties, Starting Pay, Benefits, Contact Name, Contact email and/or phone.
Also include printable flyer with above information, for physical jobs board on-campus.
A rotating list of jewelry-related jobs in the Austin area can be found on ZipRecruiter.
Assistant to Master Jeweler
Korman Fine Jewelry
5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78756
Korman Fine Jewelry
· Assistant to master jeweler
· Appraisals, hand engraving, and full custom designs
· Training and development will be in normal jewelry repair, stone setting, soldering, laser welding, and casting
· We do all kinds of jewelry repair in gold and platinum
· 30 – 35 hours weekly
· $17 – $19 hourly
· Ability to take direction
· Strong team player
· Some jewelry training is helpful
· Understanding of jewelry language and terms is helpful
· On site contract jeweler at Korman Fine Jewelry at 5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
· Chuck Schaffer, 512-451-9292, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewelry Production Studio Assistant
Per Piece @ Home
Per Piece @ Home
916 Springdale Rd
Bldg 3 #102
Austin, TX 78702
Lisa Crowder Jewelry
Lisa Crowder Jewelry is a small production studio in central East Austin. We create a mixture of production sterling silver & 14k vermeil jewelry & one of a kind enamel jewelry. Most work is fabricated in the studio using traditional metalsmithing techniques such as piercing, soldering, forming, and finishing. We currently sell work to approximately 40 stores nationwide & sell at juried craft shows.
Key things we’re looking for in an assistant:
- commitment- it’s expensive to train ppl no matter how much experience you have. Ideally, a 2 yr commitment is what we’re looking for.
- attention to detail
- ability to problem solve
- self starter- Lisa is often out of the studio, so you must be able to effectively work without supervision
- willingness to be directed- Sarah is my long time studio manager, she works alongside all assistants, but she also performs quality control & she will be the one to decide if something needs to be done again or not.
- ability to perform repetitive tasks
- knowledge of piercing, soldering, forming, finishing, and enameling.
- ability to be part of the team-we work in very tight quarters, so everyone getting along is key to a healthy work environment.
I would require a bench test prior to consideration.
Starting pay is TBD for the first 3 mos on trial basis & then discuss whether it’s a good fit or not. At that point, a increase can be discussed.
At the moment I am ideally looking for someone for 1-2 days a week, with the ability to work additional days/hours during crunch time.
*DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SILVERSMITHING EXPERIENCE.
Do you have silver fabrication experience?
Looking for flexible piece work?
Live in Austin?
- Work on an as-needed basis in your own studio with your own tools.
- You’ll need a flex shaft, needle file, and torch to be able to create most pieces.
- No specific number of hours, as you can work at your own pace.
- Simple fabrication and clean up work.
- Pay is per piece with set prices upon completion. The faster you get, the more you make!
Part or Full Time
PART OR FULL TIME BENCH JEWELER WANTED
VADA jewelry is a small, locally owned and operated business in East Austin. Our line consists of modern heirloom pieces made from high quality materials including gold, sterling silver, diamonds, and precious/semi precious gemstones. We also create custom jewelry for those clients with specific needs.
We are looking for a bench jeweler to work 3 days a week, M-F, with the possibility of a flexible schedule to accommodate those with existing obligations. Full time position also available. Duties will be to aid in jewelry production, as well as maintain the general upkeep of the studio. Position available immediately. Starting pay is $18/hr.
Bench requirements include: proficiency in basic jewelry making skills such as soldering, piercing, polishing/finishing, ring sizing, riveting, and bezel making. Previous experience with gold is not required as long as applicant is proficient with sterling silver. Desired bonus skills include CAD, enameling, stone setting, and wax carving. The ability to fill orders quickly with consistent craftsmanship is a must. A bench test and examples of past work will be required at time of interview.
Please send resumes to Kallie Compton at email@example.com
Part Time (20-30 hrs/week)
209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Jewelry Production Assistant Needed!
We are “Limbo Jewelry” a local hand made jewelry company specializing in simple, geometric, minimal pieces.
Who we are looking for:
We are in need of an enthusiastic, skilled individual with a great work ethic to join our team.
● Part time, 3-4 days a week (20-30 hrs/week).
● Monday – Friday schedule
● 9-5 hours
● Starting/Training pay $15 p/h
● Full pay (fully trained) $15-$18 depending on proficiency, tenure, experience, skill and
● Benefits include:
● Competitive wages
● Matched SIMPLE IRA* retirement plan (eligible after 6 months)
● Flexible vacation time
● Limbo Group discounts in all stores and brands (Limbo Jewelry, ZZZ Threadz, Little Limbo)
● Direct deposit payroll system
● Growth potential within the company.
– Experience working in Sterling Silver and 14k Gold Fill
– Proficiency in basic fabrication skills such as soldering, forming, forging, polishing.
– Capable of high quality and efficient repetitive fabrication labor.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work at a consistent rate.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
– Positive attitude and friendly demeanor required
– Quick study and able to work alone
For more information and to schedule an interview/bench test email us your resume with a cover
letter specific to this job in a PDF format at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Limbo Production Assistant Applicant (Full name)
Please also include in the body of the email: Distance to work (209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd, 78704) and availability.
Thank you for your interest,
Anne, Edson, Amie and the entire Limbo family.
Description from Jason:
It is a fast paced/production environment, and is mostly repair work/sizings etc. There is a lot of room for growth, and the limit is up to the individual. There is no experience necessary, just someone who likes working in a fast paced environment (the time flies by!). Job duties are mainly shipping/receiving, quality control, polishing. Fully staffed we have 3 apprentices and 5 Jewelers, I am seeking to fill an apprentice spot. Apprentices are expected to be jeweler ready in 6-8 months, and can expect a few dollar increase with each promotion. It is full time, full/great benefits including paid vacation, pto and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k. The schedule varies, but its 5 days a week with every other weekend off. I am very open to scheduling around classes or any regular duties they may need days off for. We are located in south Austin. I would be happy to go into further details with anyone interested. I am also willing to set up interviews in the near future knowing full well they may not be able to start before school gets out, it’s nice to get a jump start on the process.
Austin Area Employers
Below you will find a list of larger jewelry companies who have a presence in the Austin area and have frequently rotating job availabilities. Many of these jobs are in the area of retail, design, and logistics, but can still provide valuable experience for anyone in the Jewelry industry. Click the links to go straight to these company’s Career pages.