Here you will find job postings for jewelers, typically in the Austin area.
If you are looking to work for ACC, click here.
If you are wanting to have your job posting added to this list, email Dwayne Bandy with the following: Business Name, Business Location, Requirements, Job Description, Job Specific Duties, Starting Pay, Benefits, Contact Name, Contact email and/or phone.
Also include printable flyer with above information, for physical jobs board on-campus.
A rotating list of jewelry-related jobs in the Austin area can be found on ZipRecruiter.
321 W Ben White Blvd
Austin TX 78704
B Golden Jewelry School
B Golden Jewelry School is a school in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT inspiring hobbyists and professional jewelers in nurturing their creative spirit or growing their skills. We offer metalsmithing courses for every skill level, from beginner and intermediate programs to specialized skills like lapidary, enameling, and casting. Join our growing community of artists that love to share their knowledge of jewelry making.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a part-time Studio Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who has knowledge of jewelry making, the workings of a studio, and a desire to be part of a growing artist community. Studio Manager manages the daily operations of B Golden Austin to ensure the studio runs smoothly and efficiently, providing a safe and well-maintained environment for our students, members, and staff.
Visit here for a detailed job description.
As a team member at B Golden Jewelry School, you’ll enjoy:
Hourly rate: based on experience, starting at $19/hr
20 hours per week, flexible schedule possible
Access to jewelry studio with specialized tools and equipment
Career development: the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best jewelers and metalsmiths
Being part of the Austin jewelry community
20% off classes and workshops
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Zena Alieva firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13th, 2022. If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
Shop LC is looking for an experienced Bench Jeweler to support our jewelry repair department. The Bench Jeweler is primarily responsible for setting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining merchandise consistent with Shop LC quality standards and service.
- Restore damaged or broken jewelry, select appropriate gems, clean and polish jewelry while maintaining quick turn-around times
- Repairs broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts
- Reshapes and restyles old jewelry, following designs or instructions, using hand tools and machines, such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
- Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
- Order and maintain jewelry supplies necessary in a jewelry workshop
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Set up a repair shop independently
- Cut and shape precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools
- Re-size rings made from using different metals
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Skill / Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Bench Jeweler
- Advanced gemstone and diamond setting skills required
- Must have in-depth knowledge about various types of gemstones and diamonds
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of various chemical solutions used for jewelry making/repair and should have experience working with the same
- JA Certified Bench Jeweler (CBJ)
- Advanced expertise in setting/replacing all kinds of gemstones and diamonds with different types of settings
- Should have good knowledge, understanding, and experience in working with various plating solutions
Benefits and Perks
- Company-paid, employee-only medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 4% 401(k) matching and company profit sharing
- Up to 15 days of PTO/Vacation, maternity/ paternity leave, company-covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, paid training time, paid volunteer time, 7 paid holidays.
- Corporate gym discount, discounted Art of Living meditation courses, discounts through LifeMart, access to SMART Dollar & NaturallySlim Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and HOPE Scholarship Program (for dependents going to college)
- Employee Assistance Program and employee sales & discounts
Shop LC was established in Austin, TX in 2007. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Vaibhav Global Limited (VGL) a well-established vertically integrated company, founded in India 41 years ago. The company is fully integrated from designing, manufacturing, distributing, and retailing the majority of our own products. We operate a 24/7 live electronic retail in the UK as TJC (www.tjc.co.uk) in addition to Shop LC (www.ShopLC.com) in the US.
VGL is a publicly listed and actively traded corporation in Indian stock exchanges. It also has Private Equity backing from well-known PE firms. VGL’s total employee strength is approximately 3500 worldwide.
Shop LC has had double-digit CAGR last five years and sees huge market potential in the US for its discount electronic retail through TV, Web, OTT, Marketplaces, and social channels. We have expanded call centers to include outsourced third parties in the US, South America, and Asia. Our digital business is growing very rapidly, and we are very excited about our future growth prospects.
Our Purpose: Delivering Joy
Our Vision: Be the Value Leader in Electronic Retailing of Jewelry and Lifestyle Products
Our Mission: To deliver one million meals per day to children in need by ‘FY31 through our one for one meal program: Your Purchase Feeds…
Our Core Values: Teamwork | Honesty | Commitment | Passion | Positive Attitude
We’re proud to have a diverse team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Assistant to Master Jeweler
Korman Fine Jewelry
5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78756
Korman Fine Jewelry
· Assistant to master jeweler
· Appraisals, hand engraving, and full custom designs
· Training and development will be in normal jewelry repair, stone setting, soldering, laser welding, and casting
· We do all kinds of jewelry repair in gold and platinum
· 30 – 35 hours weekly
· $17 – $19 hourly
· Ability to take direction
· Strong team player
· Some jewelry training is helpful
· Understanding of jewelry language and terms is helpful
· On site contract jeweler at Korman Fine Jewelry at 5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
· Chuck Schaffer, 512-451-9292, email@example.com
$15/hr + benefits
Description from Jason:
It is a fast paced/production environment, and is mostly repair work/sizings etc. There is a lot of room for growth, and the limit is up to the individual. There is no experience necessary, just someone who likes working in a fast paced environment (the time flies by!). Job duties are mainly shipping/receiving, quality control, polishing. Fully staffed we have 3 apprentices and 5 Jewelers, I am seeking to fill an apprentice spot. Apprentices are expected to be jeweler ready in 6-8 months, and can expect a few dollar increase with each promotion. It is full time, full/great benefits including paid vacation, pto and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k. The schedule varies, but its 5 days a week with every other weekend off. I am very open to scheduling around classes or any regular duties they may need days off for. We are located in south Austin. I would be happy to go into further details with anyone interested. I am also willing to set up interviews in the near future knowing full well they may not be able to start before school gets out, it’s nice to get a jump start on the process.
Austin Area Employers
Below you will find a list of larger jewelry companies who have a presence in the Austin area and have frequently rotating job availabilities. Many (but not all) of these jobs are in the area of retail, design, and logistics, but can still provide valuable experience for anyone in the Jewelry industry. Click the links to go straight to these companies’ Career pages.