Here you will find job postings for jewelers, typically in the Austin area.
If you are looking to work for ACC, click here.
If you are wanting to have your job posting added to this list, email Dwayne Bandy with the following: Business Name, Business Location, Requirements, Job Description, Job Specific Duties, Starting Pay, Benefits, Contact Name, Contact email and/or phone.
Also include printable flyer with above information, for physical jobs board on-campus.
A rotating list of jewelry-related jobs in the Austin area can be found on ZipRecruiter.
Jewelry Making Apprentice
Jewelry Making Apprentice Wanted!
John Christian Designers, the worldwide leader in personalized fine jewelry, is looking for a part-time, paid jewelry apprentice. We are a small company that hand-crafts custom pieces in gold, silver, platinum, and steel. No experience required, but a basic knowledge of metalsmithing techniques would be helpful. We will teach you what you need to know to do this job. We can work around school schedules, but need more commitment during peaks seasons (Christmas and Mother’s Day). Please see www.john-christian.com to view our designs.
- Bench Trim
- Lost Wax Investing & Casting
- Stone Setting
- Laser Welding
What We Need From You:
- General Knowledge of Metalsmithing
- Willingness to Learn
- Reliability and Great Work Ethic
- Problem Solving
- To Put “Love” in Everything You Make
Nice Things About the Job:
- No Customer Interaction Required
- Flexible days (2 days, M-Thursday)
- Family Run Business
- Laid Back, Positive Atmosphere
- You get paid! Start at $13/hr
What You Will Get From Us:
- Incredible Training
- Ability to Increase Skills
- Fun/Supportive Work Place
- The Chance to Become a True Craftsperson
Sound Like A Good Fit For You?
Email Wes Weaver – wes@John-Christian.com
To set up an initial phone interview. Please take a look at our web-site to see what we do, then email your contact info and explain why this might be the spot for you!
Shop LC is looking for an experienced Bench Jeweler to support our jewelry repair department. The Bench Jeweler is primarily responsible for setting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining merchandise consistent with Shop LC quality standards and service.
- Restore damaged or broken jewelry, select appropriate gems, clean and polish jewelry while maintaining quick turn-around times
- Repairs broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts
- Reshapes and restyles old jewelry, following designs or instructions, using hand tools and machines, such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
- Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
- Order and maintain jewelry supplies necessary in a jewelry workshop
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Set up a repair shop independently
- Cut and shape precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools
- Re-size rings made from using different metals
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Skill / Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Bench Jeweler
- Advanced gemstone and diamond setting skills required
- Must have in-depth knowledge about various types of gemstones and diamonds
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of various chemical solutions used for jewelry making/repair and should have experience working with the same
- JA Certified Bench Jeweler (CBJ)
- Advanced expertise in setting/replacing all kinds of gemstones and diamonds with different types of settings
- Should have good knowledge, understanding, and experience in working with various plating solutions
Benefits and Perks
- Company-paid, employee-only medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 4% 401(k) matching and company profit sharing
- Up to 15 days of PTO/Vacation, maternity/ paternity leave, company-covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, paid training time, paid volunteer time, 7 paid holidays.
- Corporate gym discount, discounted Art of Living meditation courses, discounts through LifeMart, access to SMART Dollar & NaturallySlim Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement and HOPE Scholarship Program (for dependents going to college)
- Employee Assistance Program and employee sales & discounts
Shop LC was established in Austin, TX in 2007. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Vaibhav Global Limited (VGL) a well-established vertically integrated company, founded in India 41 years ago. The company is fully integrated from designing, manufacturing, distributing, and retailing the majority of our own products. We operate a 24/7 live electronic retail in the UK as TJC (www.tjc.co.uk) in addition to Shop LC (www.ShopLC.com) in the US.
VGL is a publicly listed and actively traded corporation in Indian stock exchanges. It also has Private Equity backing from well-known PE firms. VGL’s total employee strength is approximately 3500 worldwide.
Shop LC has had double-digit CAGR last five years and sees huge market potential in the US for its discount electronic retail through TV, Web, OTT, Marketplaces, and social channels. We have expanded call centers to include outsourced third parties in the US, South America, and Asia. Our digital business is growing very rapidly, and we are very excited about our future growth prospects.
Our Purpose: Delivering Joy
Our Vision: Be the Value Leader in Electronic Retailing of Jewelry and Lifestyle Products
Our Mission: To deliver one million meals per day to children in need by ‘FY31 through our one for one meal program: Your Purchase Feeds…
Our Core Values: Teamwork | Honesty | Commitment | Passion | Positive Attitude
We’re proud to have a diverse team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Jewelry Production Studio Assistant
Jennie M. Bennett
1402 Rabb Rd.
Austin, TX 78704
Hot Spice Jewelry
Jewelry Production Assistant Wanted!
You’ll love working with Hot Spice Jewelry! We’re a small growing company in central Austin that hand makes an eclectic mix of minimalist, boho and heirloom jewelry. We’re looking for a go-getter who is easy to get along with and is skilled as a silversmith.
Job Description: Jewelry Production Assistant in a small production shop.
- Attention to detail – We produce high quality finished jewelry.
- Upbeat and easy to work with.
- Takes direction well.
- Can work independently.
- Ability to do repetitive, production work.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment – minimum of 1 year, due to investment in training.
- Punctuality & Reliable transportation
- Basic Jewelry Fabrication Skills – Soldering, sawing, forging, grinding and polishing.
- Desired Bonus Skills – Enameling, stone setting, wax carving.
- Bench Test.
- Bring examples of your past work.
- Pay: Starts at $15/Hour.
- 8-16 Hours/Week. Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hour blocks of time. Flexible schedule.
- Email your resume in a PDF format to: info@HotSpiceJewelry.com
Subject: Production Assistant Applicant, Your Name
- In Cover Letter include:
- Distance from your home to work near Zilker Park.
- Your availability.
We’re looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our team!
Jennie M. Bennett, Owner & Designer
Full Time Bench Jewelers
(both Apprentice & Journey level)
Apprentice Level: $18-$20/hr
Journey Level: $50k-$75k/yr
Abercrombie Gems + Precious Metals
3008 Bee Cave Road, Ste. 100
Austin, TX 78746
Abercrombie Gems + Precious Metals
Full Time Bench Jewelers (Hiring at both Journey & Apprentice Level)
We are an upscale central Austin fine jewelry store, known for our estate jewelry selection, custom designs, and superior repair work. We are seeking to hire a well-rounded journey level bench jeweler with at least 5 years experience, and an apprentice level jeweler for smaller jobs, polishing, and helping around the shop. Both of these positions would require working on a wide variety of customer’s repairs, as well as pieces for the showroom. We offer competitive wages and a nice work atmosphere close to downtown Austin.
The ideal Candidate is extremely well organized, flexible, and reliable. A very strong eye for detail is required at every step of our process, and we need consistent, high quality work every day. Communication skills and customer service experience will help a candidate succeed, as they will work with our wholesale clients and interpret custom work orders through phone and email interactions. Someone with a good attitude and the ability to creatively solve problems and self-motivate will excel here.
(Level Specific Requirements)
– Strong stone setting skills – both diamonds and colored gemstones,
– Full competency in ring sizing, soldering and laserwelding with all precious metals
– Creative problem solving
– Flexibility and ability to juggle shifting project schedules
– Polishing, finishing soldering, and ring sizing experience
– Laser welding experience preferred but training can be provided
– Willingness to learn new skills and processes
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Apprentice level starting pay is $18-20
Journey Level $50k-75k
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Please send an email with the title of the job you’re applying for in the subject, a bit about yourself and your experience level, and a copy of your resume to email@example.com (no phone calls please).
Assistant to Master Jeweler
Korman Fine Jewelry
5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78756
Korman Fine Jewelry
· Assistant to master jeweler
· Appraisals, hand engraving, and full custom designs
· Training and development will be in normal jewelry repair, stone setting, soldering, laser welding, and casting
· We do all kinds of jewelry repair in gold and platinum
· 30 – 35 hours weekly
· $17 – $19 hourly
· Ability to take direction
· Strong team player
· Some jewelry training is helpful
· Understanding of jewelry language and terms is helpful
· On site contract jeweler at Korman Fine Jewelry at 5011 Burnet Road, Suite 100
· Chuck Schaffer, 512-451-9292, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewelry Production Studio Assistant
Per Piece @ Home
Per Piece @ Home
916 Springdale Rd
Bldg 3 #102
Austin, TX 78702
Lisa Crowder Jewelry
Lisa Crowder Jewelry is a small production studio in central East Austin. We create a mixture of production sterling silver & 14k vermeil jewelry & one of a kind enamel jewelry. Most work is fabricated in the studio using traditional metalsmithing techniques such as piercing, soldering, forming, and finishing. We currently sell work to approximately 40 stores nationwide & sell at juried craft shows.
Key things we’re looking for in an assistant:
- commitment- it’s expensive to train ppl no matter how much experience you have. Ideally, a 2 yr commitment is what we’re looking for.
- attention to detail
- ability to problem solve
- self starter- Lisa is often out of the studio, so you must be able to effectively work without supervision
- willingness to be directed- Sarah is my long time studio manager, she works alongside all assistants, but she also performs quality control & she will be the one to decide if something needs to be done again or not.
- ability to perform repetitive tasks
- knowledge of piercing, soldering, forming, finishing, and enameling.
- ability to be part of the team-we work in very tight quarters, so everyone getting along is key to a healthy work environment.
I would require a bench test prior to consideration.
Starting pay is TBD for the first 3 mos on trial basis & then discuss whether it’s a good fit or not. At that point, a increase can be discussed.
At the moment I am ideally looking for someone for 1-2 days a week, with the ability to work additional days/hours during crunch time.
*DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SILVERSMITHING EXPERIENCE.
Do you have silver fabrication experience?
Looking for flexible piece work?
Live in Austin?
- Work on an as-needed basis in your own studio with your own tools.
- You’ll need a flex shaft, needle file, and torch to be able to create most pieces.
- No specific number of hours, as you can work at your own pace.
- Simple fabrication and clean up work.
- Pay is per piece with set prices upon completion. The faster you get, the more you make!
Part or Full Time
PART OR FULL TIME BENCH JEWELER WANTED
VADA jewelry is a small, locally owned and operated business in East Austin. Our line consists of modern heirloom pieces made from high quality materials including gold, sterling silver, diamonds, and precious/semi precious gemstones. We also create custom jewelry for those clients with specific needs.
We are looking for a bench jeweler to work 3 days a week, M-F, with the possibility of a flexible schedule to accommodate those with existing obligations. Full time position also available. Duties will be to aid in jewelry production, as well as maintain the general upkeep of the studio. Position available immediately. Starting pay is $18/hr.
Bench requirements include: proficiency in basic jewelry making skills such as soldering, piercing, polishing/finishing, ring sizing, riveting, and bezel making. Previous experience with gold is not required as long as applicant is proficient with sterling silver. Desired bonus skills include CAD, enameling, stone setting, and wax carving. The ability to fill orders quickly with consistent craftsmanship is a must. A bench test and examples of past work will be required at time of interview.
Please send resumes to Kallie Compton at email@example.com
Part Time (20-30 hrs/week)
209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Jewelry Production Assistant Needed!
We are “Limbo Jewelry” a local hand made jewelry company specializing in simple, geometric, minimal pieces.
Who we are looking for:
We are in need of an enthusiastic, skilled individual with a great work ethic to join our team.
● Part time, 3-4 days a week (20-30 hrs/week).
● Monday – Friday schedule
● 9-5 hours
● Starting/Training pay $15 p/h
● Full pay (fully trained) $15-$18 depending on proficiency, tenure, experience, skill and
● Benefits include:
● Competitive wages
● Matched SIMPLE IRA* retirement plan (eligible after 6 months)
● Flexible vacation time
● Limbo Group discounts in all stores and brands (Limbo Jewelry, ZZZ Threadz, Little Limbo)
● Direct deposit payroll system
● Growth potential within the company.
– Experience working in Sterling Silver and 14k Gold Fill
– Proficiency in basic fabrication skills such as soldering, forming, forging, polishing.
– Capable of high quality and efficient repetitive fabrication labor.
– Attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work at a consistent rate.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Must be punctual and have reliable transportation
– Positive attitude and friendly demeanor required
– Quick study and able to work alone
For more information and to schedule an interview/bench test email us your resume with a cover
letter specific to this job in a PDF format at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Limbo Production Assistant Applicant (Full name)
Please also include in the body of the email: Distance to work (209 E Ben White Blvd Blvd, 78704) and availability.
Thank you for your interest,
Anne, Edson, Amie and the entire Limbo family.
Description from Jason:
It is a fast paced/production environment, and is mostly repair work/sizings etc. There is a lot of room for growth, and the limit is up to the individual. There is no experience necessary, just someone who likes working in a fast paced environment (the time flies by!). Job duties are mainly shipping/receiving, quality control, polishing. Fully staffed we have 3 apprentices and 5 Jewelers, I am seeking to fill an apprentice spot. Apprentices are expected to be jeweler ready in 6-8 months, and can expect a few dollar increase with each promotion. It is full time, full/great benefits including paid vacation, pto and holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k. The schedule varies, but its 5 days a week with every other weekend off. I am very open to scheduling around classes or any regular duties they may need days off for. We are located in south Austin. I would be happy to go into further details with anyone interested. I am also willing to set up interviews in the near future knowing full well they may not be able to start before school gets out, it’s nice to get a jump start on the process.
Austin Area Employers
Below you will find a list of larger jewelry companies who have a presence in the Austin area and have frequently rotating job availabilities. Many (but not all) of these jobs are in the area of retail, design, and logistics, but can still provide valuable experience for anyone in the Jewelry industry. Click the links to go straight to these company’s Career pages.