Course Materials/Textbook Order Due Dates
Course Materials Order Administrative Rule 4.01.006: All staffed sections are required to have course materials ordered via FacultyEnlight by the first day of registration for each semester, which includes identifying sections using online learning materials (First Day “Inclusive Access”, Open Educational Resources (OER), Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC), OpenStax, etc.) or that no materials are required.
Bookstore Contract Deadlines – submit orders for course materials, including OER and ZTC resources, via FacultyEnlight (OER/ZTC orders – enter ISBN 2816000129614; Author: AUSTIN CC; Publisher: AUSTIN CC)
Fall Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: October 1
Summer Semester: March 1
First Day (Inclusive Access) Deadlines – submit orders via FacultyEnlight (Enter ISBN: 2816000129270; Author: AUSTIN CC; Publisher: AUSTIN CC)
Spring Semester: September 17
Course Packet Order Due Dates
Fall Semester – March 1
Spring Semester – September 1
Summer Semester – February 1
Bookstore Information for FACULTY and DEPARTMENTS
Note: Refer students to the Bookstore’s Customized Textbook List via the ACC Bookstore site to look up the textbooks/course materials you selected for your classes, once orders (adoptions) have been processed by the Bookstore. Additionally, general information pertaining to bookstores is provided at austincc.edu/students/textbooks-and-supplies.
- FacultyEnlight – an online faculty and staff resource for researching, adopting (ordering) and sharing insights about textbooks and course materials. Accessed via austin.bncollege.com/shop/acc-virtual/home; at the top right side of the page, click the Faculty Resources link.
– Search textbooks by ISBN, author, and/or title
– View available formats of the selected ISBN and estimated student price
– Search textbooks other schools are using by discipline
– Request desk copies from publishers when available
– Make lists and see past online adoptions (selections)
– Get assistance with creating a new Course Packet (See Course Packet Ordering Procedures)
– Get more information on OER, LoudCloud Courseware, and FirstDay
- TRAINING INFORMATION
– FacultyEnlight Demo Video (8 minutes)
– Using FacultyEnlight – online training guide for faculty
– FacultyEnlight Editing Adoptions Guide – instructions on how to view, edit, cancel previously submitted adoptions
– FacultyEnlight User’s Guide with Admin Feature – instructions for the designated department representative who coordinates the course materials/textbook ordering process for their department
– 09-12-17 Textbook Orders via FacultyEnlight Memo to Deans, DC, Admins
- ACC Bookstore Central Office – refer students to austin.bncollege.com/shop/acc-virtual/home to search textbooks by semester and find out cost and format options including rental and eBooks, to order textbooks online, to look up what textbooks are worth if sold back, Bookstore hours, etc.
- To receive a listing of textbooks and editions that were ordered and stocked in the campus Bookstores or for any other type of textbook order status report, email your request to: TM523@bncollege.com or GM130@bncollege.com
- Bookstore Contact Information
- Textbooks Delivery Information
- Course Materials Order Reports – Information (pricing, updated ISBNs, order changes, etc.) pertaining to processed course materials/textbook orders will be available on the Bookstore website and via the ‘Textbooks’ links provided in the online schedule by the time registration begins, once the orders have been stocked in the campus bookstores.
Note: Updated FacultyEnlight composite course materials order reports can be obtained by contacting your department’s administrative assistant/designated order approver or Bookstore Manager Amy Hankey (TM523@bncollege.com). For status reports on sections without course materials orders for your program, contact Bookstore Manager Amy Hankey (TM523@bncollege.com).
Additional Instructional Materials Resources
- Faculty Support – Instructional Materials
- Open Educational Resources (OER) – low-cost or free resources in the public domain that are used for teaching, learning, and research
- Bookstore OER Information
- OpenStax – access to free college textbooks and low-cost learning materials
- Bookstore First Day Information – Digital Content FAQs
- ACC First Day (Inclusive Access) – student information
- ACC Refunds website – Opt out of First Day Access
- ACC Copyright & Fair Use – Courtney Mlinar, ACC Copyright Officer
- CoursePacks and Copyright
- Copyright Ownership: Scope of Policy
- Copyright Compliance Statement
- Copyright Ownership AR# 4.02.006