Course Materials/Textbook Order Due Dates
Course Materials Order Administrative Rule 4.01.006: All staffed sections are required to have course materials ordered via FacultyEnlight by the first day of registration for each semester, which includes identifying sections using Open Educational Resources, OpenStax, or that no materials are required.
Bookstore Contract Deadlines
Fall Semester – April 1 (Registration Opens – May TBA, 2018)
Spring Semester – October 1 (Registration Opens – October 16, 2017)
Summer Semester – March 1 (Registration Opens – April 3, 2018)
Course Packets Order Due Dates
Fall Semester – March 1
Spring Semester – September 1
Summer Semester – February 1
Bookstore Information for FACULTY and DEPARTMENTS
Note: Refer students to the Bookstore’s Customized Textbook List via the ACC Online Bookstore site to look up the required textbooks for your classes, once your orders have been processed.
FacultyEnlight – an online faculty and staff resource for researching, adopting (ordering) and sharing insights about textbooks and course materials. Accessed via austin.bncollege.com; at the top right side of the page, click the Faculty Resources link.
– Search textbooks by ISBN, author, and/or title
– View available formats of the selected ISBN and estimated student price
– Search textbooks other schools are using by discipline
– Request desk copies from publishers when available
– Make lists and see past online adoptions (selections)
– FacultyEnlight Demo Video (8 minutes)
– Using FacultyEnlight – online training guide for faculty
– FacultyEnlight Editing Adoptions Guide – instructions on how to view and edit previously submitted adoptions
– FacultyEnlight User’s Guide with Admin Feature
– 09-12-17 Textbook Orders via FacultyEnlight Memo to Deans, DC, Admins
- ACC Bookstore Central Office – refer students to austin.bncollege.com to view textbooks by semester with cost and format options, find out information on rental and eBooks, order textbooks online, look up what textbooks are worth if sold back, Bookstore hours, etc.
- To receive a listing of textbooks and editions that were ordered and stocked in the campus Bookstores or for any other type of textbook order status report, email your request to: TM523@bncollege.com or GM130@bncollege.com
- Bookstore Contact Information
- Bookstore Hours of Operation – Spring 2018 (12-14-17)
- Bookstore Delivery Locations
- Delivery campus is associated with the scheduled course section information.
- Textbooks are delivered to the campus where the section is being taught or the closest campus if taught at a center or site.
- Distance Learning sections are ordered online for home delivery (austin.bncollege.com)
- Course Materials Order Reports – Information (pricing, updated ISBNs, order changes, etc.) pertaining to processed course materials/textbook orders will be available on the Bookstore website and via the ‘Textbooks’ links provided in the online schedule by the time registration begins, once the orders have been stocked in the campus bookstores.
Note: Updated FacultyEnlight composite course materials order reports can be obtained by contacting your department’s administrative assistant/designated order approver or the Bookstore’s Textbook Manager Amy Hankey (TM523@bncollege.com). For status reports on sections without course materials orders for your program, contact Bookstore Textbook Manager Amy Hankey (TM523@bncollege.com).
Textbook Ordering Resources
- Open Educational Resources (OER) – low-cost or free resources in the public domain that are used for teaching, learning, and research.
- OpenStax – access to free college textbooks and low-cost learning materials.
- Textbook Inventory – Ellucian (XMS2) Course Materials Online Inventory
- ACC Copyright & Fair Use – Courtney Mlinar, ACC Copyright Officer
- Course Packs and Copyright
- Copyright Ownership: Scope of Policy
- Compliance Statement
- Copyright Ownership AR# 4.02.006
- Copyright and Fair Use AR# 4.02.007
- CoursePack Ordering Procedures/Copyright Highlights (12-13-13)
- Bookstore Workgroup (formerly Committee)