Associate Degree Nursing Alternate Entry Applications Accepted Spring 2022
April 6, 2021 - September 14, 2021
Vocational Nursing Fall 2023 (Evening-Weekend) Application Period
April 14, 2021 - January 10, 2023
Vocational Nursing Traditional Fall 2022 Application Period
April 14, 2021 - January 10, 2022
Austin Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Austin Community College.
The purpose of publishing the name, address and contact numbers of Austin Community College’s primary accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is to meet federal requirements. Publication of this information is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Austin Community College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Austin Community College District’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Austin Community College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquires about Austin Community College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Austin Community College District and not to the Commission’s office.
In addition, many Health Sciences programs are accredited by non-governmental, nationally recognized organizations that oversee post-graduate education in their areas of specialization.
The following organizations have accredited ACC Health Sciences programs in their specialty:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE): 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929; Phone: (301) 652-AOTA
- Commission on Dental Accreditation: 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611-2678; Phone: (800) 621-8099 or (312) 440-4653
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education: 1111 N. Fairfax St. Alexandria, VA 22314-1488; Phone: (703) 684-2782 or (800) 999-2782
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: 7272 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814; Phone: (301) 657-3000
- Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education: 135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60603-4810; Phone: (312) 664-3575
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (Sonography and Surgical Technology): 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763; Phone: (727) 210-2350
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions: 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett, TX 75088; Phone: (214) 703-8445
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology: 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606; Phone: (312) 704-5300; Fax (312) 704-5304
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences: 5600 N. River Road, Ste 560, Rosemont, IL 60606-3182; Phone (847) 939-3597
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone: (404) 975-5000, Fax: (404) 975-5020
- Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners: 333 Guadalupe St., Suite 2-510, Austin, TX 78701-3942; Phone (512) 305-6900
- Commission for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM): 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-5800; Phone: (312) 233-1100
- American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Education and Activities (CVTEA): 1931 N. Meacham Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360; Phone: (800) 248-2862 x6624
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Sciences Updates
Mythbusting: COVID-19 Vaccines
ACC Support Center and Student Life will be hosting a Mythbusting: COVID-19 Vaccines information session featuring healthcare experts Dr. Nina Almasy and Dr. John Nation.
Please mark your calendars to hear details about COVID-19 vaccines and to get your lingering questions answered. Join us on Wednesday, July 14 at 12 noon at this Zoom link.Read more
Free PCR Testing for Students & Faculty
Free PCR Testing for COVID-19 is available to students and faculty at the following links:Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more