- June 4, 2023
RN-to-BSN Spring 2024 Entry
May 2, 2023 - October 3, 2023
Austin Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Austin Community College.
Publishing the name, address and contact number of Austin Community College’s primary accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges is a federal requirement. This information enables interested constituents to (1) learn about the accreditation status of Austin Community College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Austin Community College District’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Austin Community College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquiries about Austin Community College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Austin Community College District and not to the Commission’s office.
In addition, many Health Sciences programs are accredited by non-governmental, nationally recognized organizations that oversee post-graduate education in their areas of specialization.
The following organizations have accredited ACC Health Sciences programs in their specialty:
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN): 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone: (404) 975-5000
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE): 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929; Phone: (301) 652-AOTA
- Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE): 135 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60603-4810; Phone: (312) 664-3575
- Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA): 19751 East Mainstreet, Suite 339, Parker, CO 80138; Phone: (303) 694-9262
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP): 4500 East-West Highway, Suite 900, Bethesda, MD 20814; Phone: (301) 657-3000
- American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Education and Activities (CVTEA): 1931 N. Meacham Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360; Phone: (800) 248-2862 x6624
- Association of Surgical Technologists (AST): 6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 200, Littleton, CO 80120; Phone: (800) 637-7433
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP): 9355 — 113th Street N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775
- Commission for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM): 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; Phone: (312) 233-1100
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE): 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22305-3085; Phone: (703) 706-3245
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA): 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611-2678; Phone: (312) 440-4653
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP): 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 75088; Phone: (214) 703-8445
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT): 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606; Phone: (312) 704-5300; Fax: (312) 704-5304
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS): 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018; Phone: (773) 714-8880
- The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting: 3 West Dry Creek Circle, Littleton CO 80120; Phone: (800) 707-0057
- Texas Board of Nursing: 333 Guadalupe St., Suite 3-460, Austin, TX 78701; Phone: (404) 975-5000
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Sciences Updates
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more