ACC Health Sciences students must be CPR certified as American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) Providers.
Upon certification, your card must have “AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION BASIC LIFE SUPPORT BLS PROVIDER” on the front with an authentic American Heart Association logo as pictured on this sample card.
The AHA recognizes a Military Training Network (MTN) provider card as equivalent to the corresponding AHA provider card.
Austin Community College offers CPR training that meets the above criteria through Continuing Education. Please refer to the current CE course schedule or call 223-7542 for more information.
Other training providers that meet the criteria include:
- Austin EMS (Call 512-978-0100 for information.)
- Fired Up Solutions
- Lifestart Training & Consulting LLC
- Life Sustaining Training
- Kyle Fire Department (Call 512-268-3131 for information.)
- RC Healthcare Services-Austin
- Sav-A-Heart (Take only the Healthcare Provider course.)
- Save A Life CPR ATX
- Queen of Hearts CPR
- Eric Merino (ACC instructor conducting individual training sessions as needed due to COVID, email email@example.com for information.)
American Red Cross, CPR Pro and CPR Resources do not meet the criteria and will not be accepted.
Respiratory Protection Training (Video)
Austin Radiological Association
Baylor Scott & White
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center (CPRMC)
- Clinical Placement Instructions
- Clinical Rotation Checklist
- College Student Compliance Safety Quiz
- HIPAA Training Acknowledgement and Quiz
- Orientation Packet
St. David’s HealthCare Partnership
- Bridging the Gap Modules (Complete Modules 1-4 only)
- College Student Orientation Manual
- Mandatory Orientation Module and Post Test
- Meditech Access Request Form and Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- ICARE Values Commitment Form
- Statement of Responsibility
- USP <800>: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Module and Post Test