The CPR required must be the American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider. The AHA recognizes the Military Training Network (MTN) provider card as equivalent of the corresponding AHA provider card.
The card must say AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION BASIC LIFE SUPPORT BLS PROVIDER on the front with an authentic American Heart Association logo as pictured on this sample card.
American Red Cross, CPR Pro and CPR Resources at this time do not meet the criteria and will not be accepted.
Austin Community College offers CPR that meets the above criteria through Continuing Education. Please refer to the current CE course schedule or call 223-7542 for more information.
Other places to check for CPR that meets the criteria:
- Lifestart Training & Consulting LLC – (512) 614-7556
- Sav-A-Heart – (512) 257-0508, Take only the Healthcare Provider course.
- Austin EMS – (512) 978-0100, Make sure the card issued is an American Heart Association card.
- Kyle Fire Department – (512) 268-3131
- RC Healthcare Services-Austin – (281) 547-7866
- Life Sustaining Training – (512) 222-4080
- Fired Up Solutions – (512) 743-9360
- Queen of Hearts CPR – (512) 818-9601
- Eric Merino – (512) 461-3928 (will conduct individual training sessions as needed due to COVID)
This list does NOT include all of the available classes in the Austin area.
Respiratory Protection Training (Video)
Austin Radiological Association
Baylor Scott & White
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center (CPRMC)
- Clinical Placement Instructions
- Clinical Rotation Checklist
- College Student Compliance Safety Quiz
- HIPAA Training Acknowledgement and Quiz
- Orientation Packet
St. David’s HealthCare Partnership
- Bridging the Gap Modules (Complete Modules 1-4 only)
- College Student Orientation Manual
- Mandatory Orientation Module and Post Test
- Meditech Access Request Form and Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- ICARE Values Commitment Form
- Statement of Responsibility
- USP <800>: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Module and Post Test