To protect patients and provide a safe environment for students, staff, and the public, all student and faculty participating in clinicals/practicum are required to get the current seasonal flu vaccine. Failure to have the immunization may have implications for clinical attendance. For more information about the flu vaccine, click here.
One of the following forms of documentation is required and must be signed by the administering healthcare provider:
- Flu Vaccine Consent Form or
- Receipt of flu shot if received before Consent form was available. Receipt must include student/faculty name, date, and verification of vaccine.
Please note that even if the flu vaccine is received in a “public” clinic, the information on the form must be completed in order to meet the clinical agency requirements, i.e. lot number, expiration date, method, provider’s name, signature, and date.
If you receive the nasal flu vaccine (LAIV), inform your healthcare provider before receiving the TB skin test due to timing issues.
To use the Texas Department of State Health Services’ Flu Vaccine Finder, click here. You may also contact your physician or other retail facilities offering flu vaccine (HEB, CVS, Walgreens, etc). Many are offering free or reduced shots to certain populations.
If you are planning to submit a flu exemption, you must complete ACC’s Vaccination Acknowledgment and Exemption Request form, the applicable Ascension Seton declination form, and the St. David’s HealthCare Exemption Request (3 forms total):
The CPR required must be the American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider. The AHA recognizes the Military Training Network (MTN) provider card as equivalent of the corresponding AHA provider card.
The card must say AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION BASIC LIFE SUPPORT BLS PROVIDER on the front with an authentic American Heart Association logo as pictured on this sample card.
American Red Cross, CPR Pro and CPR Resources at this time do not meet the criteria and will not be accepted.
Austin Community College offers CPR that meets the above criteria through Continuing Education. Please refer to the current CE course schedule or call 223-7542 for more information.
Other places to check for CPR that meets the criteria:
- Lifestart Training & Consulting LLC – (512) 614-7556
- Sav-A-Heart – (512) 257-0508, Take only the Healthcare Provider course.
- Austin EMS – (512) 978-0100, Make sure the card issued is an American Heart Association card.
- Kyle Fire Department – (512) 268-3131
- RC Healthcare Services-Austin – (281) 547-7866
- Life Sustaining Training – (512) 222-4080
- Fired Up Solutions – (512) 743-9360
- Queen of Hearts CPR – (512) 818-9601
- Eric Merino – (512) 461-3928
This list does NOT include all of the available classes in the Austin area.
Austin Radiological Association
Baylor Scott & White
St. David’s HealthCare Partnership
- Bridging the Gap Modules (Complete Modules 1-4 only)
- College Student Orientation Manual
- Mandatory Orientation Module and Post Test
- Meditech Access Request Form and Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- ICARE Values Commitment Form
- Statement of Responsibility
- USP <800>: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Module and Post Test