Vocational Nursing Fall 2023 (Evening-Weekend) Application Period
April 14, 2021 - January 10, 2023
RN-to-BSN Program Application Period Spring 2023 (Part-Time only)
May 2, 2022 - October 3, 2022
Dental Hygiene Application Period
September 1, 2022 - February 1, 2023
Health Information Technology Application Period
September 1, 2022 - June 1, 2023
Medical Laboratory Technology Program Application Deadline
September 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
Radiology Application Period
September 1, 2022 - February 1, 2023
Vocational Nursing Traditional Application Period
September 13, 2022 - January 10, 2023
Physical Therapist Assistant Application Period
September 15, 2022 - May 27, 2023
Health Sciences Clinical Resources
Masking At Seton (message from Kristin Milliorn):
“Seton will provide masks to students at the front door of each of their facilities. Ascension Seton is working hard to decrease the chances of staff to staff transmission. What we are realizing as we go through this process is that employees and students encounter each other before they get to the front door. In parking garages, parking lots and parking elevators, they need Universal Masking. Students are to wear their own mask of some sort until they get to our front doors.”
St. David's HealthCare
- COVID-19 Attestation Form (Mandatory for all Professional Nursing Students, awaiting clarification for other programs)
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Clinical Rotation Students (posted 8/6/20)
- COVID-19 – Minimizing Exposure Risk (posted 7/6/20)
- Universal Masking Reminder (posted 7/6/20)
Message from Lynne Bedre:
- St. David’s HealthCare has not limited students, so all clinical placement request are welcome. We will look at facility capacity and census to accommodate.
- St. David’s HealthCare will supply the PPE that the students need upon entry to the facilities. We also welcome the school support of any supply they have to help cover the need.
- Students will self-screen for any signs/symptoms of COVID-19 and elect not to enter the facility if there is any concern. Students may be asked screening questions upon entry to the facility. Students will complete the attached COVID-19 Attestation. The Attestation can be sent as a Class Roster and added to Clinical Student Placement Attachments for verification. Students will not enter any isolation patient rooms in order to preserve PPE.
“Thank you for your cooperation and communication during the COVID-19 crisis. We hold the upmost concern and attention for the integrity of our academic partnerships as well as the safety of the students and faculty. We ask that everyone proceed in the facilities with proper precautions given for the situation faced. We feel that all entering should feel safe in the hospital units, and if any concerns should arise, please contact Lynne Bedre @ [email protected].”
Our clinical partners require that all students who participate in clinical are required to complete an N95 Fit Test. This test is paid for by the college. However, you will need to pick up your kit. Follow these instructions:
- Pick up your Fit Test Kit from the Eastview Campus Nursing Office or the Round Rock Campus Nursing Office Monday through Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. If you are unable to pick up your fit test kit during this timeframe, please contact one of the following Cohort Administrators for alternate arrangements.
- Test Kits include:
- Concentra voucher (the list of Concentra locations authorized to fit test are on the back of the voucher)
- Instructions for fitting the mask to your face and instructions regarding facial hair, if applicable
- Fill out the top part of the Concentra voucher with your information.
- Take the kit to one of the authorized Concentra locations (locations offering the testing are on the back of the voucher form).
- Do not skip this step. Once the tech has completed the fit test, ask for a copy of your results or take a picture with your smart phone. The results are not sent back to the Nursing Department. You must obtain a copy and upload your results to the link below. Save this document in a safe place. It is an official record.
- Once you have completed the fit test, please confirm your mask brand and size with the staff performing the fit test before you leave the facility (sometimes the information written on the form is difficult to read).
- Upload a copy of your fit test results to this Google Form (you will be required to log into your ACC Gmail Account in order to complete the form).
- All students are required to watch this safety video prior to going to any clinical sites. Students who do not complete this requirement will be unable to attend clinical.
- Master Attestation Form
- Attestation Form (Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Pharmacy, and Imaging only)
- Attestation Form and Pre-Placement Requirements (OTA/PTA Rehabilitation Services only)
- Badge and Parking Directions
- COMPASS Access Agreement for Faculty
- COMPASS Access Agreement for Students
- COMPASS Training (MyLearning) Form (Faculty only)
- Pre-placement Requirements Modules
- Clinical Rotation Attestation Letter
- COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Form
- Education Affiliation Agreement Checklist
- Allied Health Student Orientation Instructions
- Online Orientation
- Network System User Agreement
- Nursing Student Orientation Acknowledgement of Completion
- HIPAA Training Acknowledgement
- Student Substance Abuse Policy
- Online Orientation Process
- Completion of CSR Orientation Certificate for Faculty
- Completion of CSR Orientation Certificate for Students
- Notification of Experience – Single Student
- Notification of Experience – Multiple Students
- EPIC Computer Access Request Form
- Vaccination Verification Ancillary
- Immunization Exemption Form
- Verification Form
- Accudose Security Agreement
- Attestation Form (updated May 24, 2022)
- Faculty Orientation Manual
- Student Orientation Manual
- Mandatory Orientation Module and Post Test
- Statement of Responsibility
- Meditech Access Request Form and Confidentiality & Security Agreement
- ICARE My Commitment to Our Values Form
- Substance Use in the Workplace Acknowledgment (New as of Fall 2022)
- COVID-19 Self-Screening Attestation Form (New as of Fall 2022)
- USP <800>: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Module and Post Test
- Bridging the Gap Modules (Complete Modules 1-4 only)
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Sciences Updates
The Immunization and Tests Required Form Has Been Updated
The Immunizations and Tests Required Form has been updated as of May 6, 2022. Please use the latest form when submitting your application requirements. For more information, visit the Immunizations page.Read more
ACC COVID-19 Information
Please check the Coronavirus page often for the latest information on ACC's response to the pandemic.Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more