Dental Hygiene Patient Information
The Dental Hygiene Program is Accepting Patients!
We are in need of patients for preventive services who:
- Are age 6 or older
- Are committed to student learning
- Have time in their schedule for 3 to 5 appointments
- Can plan for their appointments to last 3 hours each
Patients accepted for dental hygiene care will receive:
- A head and neck cancer screening, dental x-rays as needed, a complete dental examination, and a very thorough teeth cleaning
- Quality care at very affordable prices. The dental hygiene treatment fees are only a fraction of the costs since the clinic is a teaching facility.
- Further discounts offered to those enrolled in financial assistance programs!
All procedures are checked by a licensed dental professional. Our students and faculty will classify each patient to match his/her dental hygiene needs to the student’s educational needs and preparation.
To schedule for your initial screening contact us at (512) 223-5710 or stop by the Health Sciences Building during regular business hours: Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Road, Bldg. 8000 Rm. 8162 (across from the campus bookstore).
This clinic does not perform fillings, crowns, extractions, braces or other restorative procedures.
Please send diagnostic quality x-rays and images to the Austin Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic via one of the following protocols:
To electronically upload images:
- Go to collegeconnectionshare.austincc.edu.
- Click “Upload new file via HTTP.”
- Fill out your email.
- Enter destination email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Change the Availability Period to 1 week.
- Click Browse to upload the file. If you have more than one file to upload, combine all files into one (using zip or a similar program), then upload the resulting file.
- Enter patient’s name for Description.
- Click “Submit.”
To physically deliver images:
- Place images on a blank disc or flash drive and give to patient.
- Patient will hand deliver disc/flash drive to ACC.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to maintain HIPAA compliance.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Dental Hygiene Updates
Mythbusting: COVID-19 Vaccines
ACC Support Center and Student Life will be hosting a Mythbusting: COVID-19 Vaccines information session featuring healthcare experts Dr. Nina Almasy and Dr. John Nation.
Please mark your calendars to hear details about COVID-19 vaccines and to get your lingering questions answered. Join us on Wednesday, July 14 at 12 noon at this Zoom link.Read more
Free PCR Testing for Students & Faculty
Free PCR Testing for COVID-19 is available to students and faculty at the following links:Read more
TEAS Testing Requirements for Health Sciences Applicants
A TEAS Exam score is required to apply to the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiology, and Vocational Nursing.
If you are not applying to one of the programs above, then you are not required to take the TEAS Exam at this time. Please refer to the Application Process page for your program to see all application requirements.Read more