Application Process for Transfer Students
The Transfer Option is for those students who have completed nursing courses at an accredited Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program. This policy does not apply to those students who have only completed pre-nursing courses or nursing courses at a BSN program.
- Applicants must be enrolled in Austin Community College. Click here for more information. Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
- Prior nursing program enrollment must be within one (1) year. If the break in enrollment in a nursing course is longer than a year, the request will not be considered. All transfer students must re-enter a program within one year.
- Applicants must successfully pass all clinical courses in the previous nursing program. ACC’s ADN program will not admit a student who was on probation or withdrawn for unsafe clinical practice.
- Applicants may not have had two (2) unsuccessful attempts in a previous nursing program. If you have had two unsuccessful attempts, then you will need to apply as a beginning student.
- All prerequisites must be completed by the application deadline.
- All applicants must meet the Technical Standards required by the program.
Applications are accepted only within time frames listed below. If a deadline begins or ends on a weekend, the date will begin/end on the next business day. All prerequisites must be completed by the application deadline.
- Spring 2024: July 2 – August 2, 2023
- Fall 2024: January 3 — February 1, 2024
- Spring 2025: July 2 — August 2, 2024
- Activate your ACC email account. All correspondence regarding your application will be sent to your ACC email address. For information on how to set up your ACC email account, please see this page.
- All regular admission requirements must be met in addition to transfer requirements.
- Email a copy of your transcript(s) that include prerequisites, co-requisites and nursing courses to [email protected] to be reviewed for possible transfer. Initial transfer qualification will be determined after review of transcripts. Further direction will be given after the initial review. Proceed with the next steps only after the directions have been given.
- Applicants must gain admission to ACC and satisfy all General Admission criteria including meeting TSI (testing) requirements. Visit a campus adviser to determine your status.
- During the application period (see “Deadline” above), go to the CastleBranch website and click the link “Place Order.”
- Enter UL64im in the “Package Code” field. After entering your personal information, the system will prompt you to upload your 1-page immunization form for each of the four required immunizations. The cost to set up the account is $40. All immunizations must be transcribed onto ACC’s one page form.
- Next input code UL32im in the “Package Code” field. The system will prompt you to upload the following application documents:
- Write a letter requesting transfer to the ACC ADN Program, including reason for withdrawal from previous program.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation, one from prior nursing program director and one from a recent clinical instructor.
- Complete the TEAS Admission Assessment if you have not already taken the test. If you have completed the test, please provide a copy of your ATI-TEAS report. Instructions to activate your ATI-TEAS account are found int he TEAS Registration Form.
- Proficiency Review (see “Selection Process” section)
- After completing the CastleBranch requirements and passing the ATI-TEAS Test, you should download the application for Associate Degree Nursing – Traditional Track.
- Print and complete the application.
- Applications will not be accepted in person until further notice. Follow the instructions on this page to submit your application remotely.
- All transfer requirements must be submitted by the deadline.
Selection is based on Admissions Committee Review and space available basis.
Proficiency Review – Upon final acceptance, all transfer students will be required to demonstrate proficiency at their level of entry by achieving the following:
- Pass a Dosage Calculation Exam
- Pass a comprehensive Mastery Skills Check-off appropriate to the level of entry.
- Write a satisfactory Nursing Process on an assigned case study scenario.
- Transfer students are placed in the program by program level according to previous nursing course review.
- No guarantee is made that a student will begin the ACC program where the previous program was left. The student may be required to retake courses in order to meet ACC’s ADN program requirements.
Search the Health Sciences Website
Professional Nursing Updates
Instructors and Students visiting Christus Health must be vaccinated against flu
Starting October 1, 2023, all instructors and students visiting a Christus Health facility where patient care is provided must be vaccinated against the flu. Every student or instructor already on site must be vaccinated against the flu by November 1, 2023.Read more
2023-2024 PTA Application Dates
The PTACAS opening date has been delayed. The PTACAS will open on October 15, 2023 and will remain open until May 26, 2024.Read more
RN-to-BSN Application Deadline for Spring 2024 Extended to November 6
The RN-to-BSN Program is extending the Spring 2024 to November 6, 2023. For more information, please visit the RN-to-BSN Application Process page.Read more