Cybersecurity specialists detect, prevent and correct threats to the security of company networks. They might implement defense measures such as firewalls and encryption to protect an organization’s computer network from viruses and cyber-attacks. They may also monitor networks for threats, and investigate, report, and mitigate damage from security breaches.
Cybersecurity Technician skills:
- Knowledge might include firewalls, routers, response techniques, prevention systems, authentication protocols, and different attack types
- Ability to analyze security risks and develop response procedures
- Ability to communicate and effectively teach others about cyber security
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields
Cyber Security Specialization Degee
Cyber Security Specialization is designed to prepare the student for employment in the areas of internet, network, and operating system security.