Game Programmers write code, in one of a number of computer languages, for video games. They must be able to translate complex ideas and concepts into code. They test and find errors in code and write fixes.
Game Programmer skills:
- Knowledge of C++ programming language, computer architecture and software design
- Passion for video gaming
- Able to work in a creative team environment
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields
Game Programming courses designed to prepare the student for an entry-level Game Programming position. Special topics include animation, interactive technology, video graphics, and special effects.