Web developers design, create and maintain websites using authoring or scripting languages, such as HTML5 and CSS. Emphasis on user experience is a top priority. They may convert text, graphics, multi-media, and/or customer tracking components.
Web Developer skills:
- Critical thinking and reasoning
- Ability to listen and interpret client and visitor needs
- Knowledge of UX and UI best practices
- PayScale.com gives salary information based on location, experience, education level and more
- Austin Chamber of Commerce Job Posting Report gives monthly summaries about job postings, median salaries, etc.
- O*Net Online has career and job outlook information on Computer Science and Information Technology fields
Web Programming Certificates and Degree
Web programming awards were designed to stack. Start by earning your Occupational Skills Award in as little as one semester as a full-time student. Continue on to earn a Web Developer Specialist certificate, in as little as one year, then complete your Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Programming – Web Programming Specialization.
If you want to go even faster, you can earn the Occupational Skills Award and the Web Developer Specialist Certificate through the APT (Accelerated Programmer Training) program, which enables you to complete courses online, at your own pace.
Occupational Skills Award (OSA) *
Computer Programming OSA features four introductory courses in computing, programming, and networking
Web Developer Specialist Certificate*
Web design tools, web and database programming, and digital imaging courses
Computer Programming – Web Programming Specialization, AAS Degree
Degree designed for an entry-level web programming position