Austin Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Austin Community College.
The purpose of publishing the name, address and contact numbers of Austin Community College’s primary accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is to meet federal requirements. Publication of this information is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Austin Community College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Austin Community College District’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Austin Community College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquires about Austin Community College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Austin Community College District and not to the Commission’s office.
In addition, many Health Sciences programs are accredited by non-governmental, nationally recognized organizations that oversee post-graduate education in their areas of specialization.
The following organizations have accredited ACC Health Sciences programs in their specialty:
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE): 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449; Phone: (301) 652-AOTA
- Commission on Dental Accreditation: 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611-2678; Phone: (312) 440-2695
- Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association: 1111 N. Fairfax St. Alexandria, VA 22314-1488; Phone: (703) 684-2782
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: 7272 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814; Phone: (301) 657-3000
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (Sonography): 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756; Phone: (727) 210-2350
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions: 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett, TX 75088; Phone: (214) 703-8445
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology: 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606; Phone: (312) 704-5300; Fax (312) 704-5304
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences: 5600 N. River Road, Ste 560, Rosemont, IL 60606-3182; Phone (847) 939-3597
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing: 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; Phone: (404) 975-5000, Fax: (404) 975-5020
- Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners: 333 Guadalupe St., Suite 2-510, Austin, TX 78701-3942; Phone (512) 305-6900
- Commission for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM): 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-5800; Phone: (312) 233-1100
- American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Education and Activities (CVTEA): 1931 N. Meacham Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4360; Phone: (800) 248-2862 x6624
Search the Health Sciences Website
Health Sciences Updates
Adopt a pet cared for by ACC vet tech students
Austin Community College is working with area animal shelters to find forever homes for pets who were trained and cared for by students in the Veterinary Technology Program. Click here to read the story at the ACC Newsroom.Read more
ACC awarded $30,000 grant to help students pay for unexpected expenses
Austin Community College was awarded a $30,000 Project Success: Emergency Fund Grant to help students who are facing unforeseen financial needs continue on their educational pathways. Click here to read the story at the ACC Newsroom.Read more
Attention! All students that have not been accepted into an ACC Health Sciences program…
All students who have not been accepted into an ACC Health Sciences program should declare General Studies in Pre-Health Sciences (Associate of Science) for their major. Once accepted into a program, the student's major will be updated.Read more