The Austin Community College District (“ACC” or “the College”) values quality teaching, and a learning environment that supports the continuous enhancement of faculty teaching and equitable student learning and success.
- The faculty evaluation process includes multiple components and is conducted annually.
- Participation in the faculty evaluation process is required.
- Instructional Associate Vice Chancellors shall establish the evaluation timeline for the faculty evaluation process. The Faculty Evaluation Office shall establish evaluation timelines for student course evaluations.
- The Dean of Faculty Development and Evaluation in consultation with the Faculty Evaluation Steering Committee and the Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee, will provide complete evaluation procedures to the College community.
- Changes in the evaluation process shall be recommended by the Faculty Evaluation Steering Committee to the Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee, and approved by the Academic and Student Affairs Council and distributed to the faculty in a timely manner.
- The College will provide reports on faculty evaluation outcomes to the Instructional Associate Vice Chancellors, Instructional Deans, and Department Chairs annually.
- Faculty members may dispute the outcome of their evaluation according to Administrative Rule 4.0702.01, Resolution of an Employee Grievance.
- Changes to this Administrative Rule and Guideline/Procedure 4.1201.02.1 must be approved by the Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee and the Academic and Student Affairs Council.