Austin Community College District is committed to the success of all students and will offer appropriate placement of students and, when necessary, remediation and support for those students who are not college ready. ACC will monitor student compliance with developmental education requirements.
Students who do not meet college readiness standards in reading will be placed in developmental reading instruction and remain in remediation until they demonstrate college-level readiness.
Students can demonstrate college-level readiness in any of the following ways:
- Upon entering ACC, a student must present state approved assessment test scores, proof of exemption, completion, or waiver from Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements,
- Obtaining an exit-level score on a TSI state-approved test in reading,
- Earning a grade of “C” or better in the exit-level developmental reading course,
- Obtaining institutional assessment by an authorized developmental reading faculty member; or
- Successfully completing a Non Course Based Option that meets TSI requirements.