Austin Community College District is committed to the success of all students and will offer appropriate placement of students and, when necessary, remediation and support for those students who are not college ready. ACC will monitor student compliance with developmental education requirements.
Students who do not meet college readiness standards in writing will be placed in developmental writing instruction and remain in remediation until they demonstrate college-level readiness in writing.
Students can demonstrate college-level readiness in any of the following ways:
- Upon entering ACC, a student must present state approve assessment test scores, proof of exemption, completion, or waiver from Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.
- Obtaining an exit-level
- score on a TSI state-approved test in writing.
- Earning a grade of “C” or better in the exit-level developmental writing course.
- Obtaining institutional assessment by an authorized developmental writing faculty member.
- Successfully completing a Non Course Based Option that meets TSI requirements.