The Austin Community College District understands the importance of financial aid to the goal of expanding access to higher education and training. The College will actively promote financial aid opportunities for students and potential students.
- The College shall participate in applicable federal, state, and local financial aid programs for the benefit of its students. These programs may include, but are not limited to:
- Federal Pell Grant and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Institutional Scholarship Fund under Section 54.051(m), Texas Education Code, as amended
- Hinson-Hazlewood Student Loan Program, Texas B-On-Time Loan Program, College Access Loan (CAL)
- Federal Perkins Student Loan Program
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Student Loan Program
- Federal College Work-Study Program and Texas Work-Study Program
- Private Non-Institutional Scholarship Programs
- Texas Grant and Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Program (LEAP)
- Any other federal, state or local financial aid programs in which the College may qualify for participation.
- The College President is responsible for the development of reasonable and necessary guidelines and procedures to conduct such programs in accordance with applicable statutes, policies, rules, and regulations of appropriate federal, state, and/or local agencies. These programs shall be administered by the financial aid officer(s) designated by the College President.
- Financial aid programs are available to applicants without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, handicap, and national origin, and in compliance with published federal, state, and/or local program guidelines as now exist or as may hereafter be promulgated or amended.