The Austin Community College District (“ACC” or “the College”) seeks to provide employee benefits programs and services that meet the needs of employees and their families.
- All ACC benefit plans are maintained in compliance with applicable federal and state laws. The benefits provided and eligibility for each benefit plan will be administered in accordance with the rules and regulations established by the plan’s administrator or in compliance with the governing contract.
- Insurance benefits offered to ACC employees are provided by the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS). Retiree insurance benefits are also administered by the ERS.
- Retirement benefits for TRS-eligible employees are provided by the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- Full-time faculty and administrators are eligible to participate in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP), in lieu of the TRS. The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board provides general oversight of the ORP.
- Adjunct faculty, hourly employees, and part-time employees working less than 50% time are required to participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan unless they are contributing to or receiving retirement benefits from TRS or ORP. Full-time ACC students and work-study students are exempt from participating.
- The College does not participate in the Social Security program, but it does participate in Medicare.
- The College may provide additional insurance, retirement savings and employee support benefit programs, included, but not limited to employee assistance, wellness and discount programs, at its discretion. The College reserves the right to change, alter, modify or terminate these additional plans, services and practices, and any applicable contributions associated with them, at any time and without prior notice.
The Office of Human Resources will serve as a resource for materials, information and consultation on the employee benefit programs TRS, ERS and/or the applicable carrier or administrator of each plan has ultimate control and oversight of their plan’s benefits, coverage and eligibility. They make the final determination on any claims, interpretations, conflicts or disputes associated with their plans. Therefore, employees should consult with these entities before making critical decisions regarding these plans or services.Back to Top